Ch9. Sam

Sam's POV

This couldn't be real. People didn't turn into wolves. It- it was impossible! I wanted to think this was just a dream but the throbbing pain in my arm kept reminding me I wasn't sleeping as I ran in a panic through the alleyways. I needed to get back to the main road. I needed to get away from him.

A howl rang out, echoing off the buildings around me. It was so loud it hurt my ears as I stopped to cover them but there was no doubt in my mind that it was him.

"Fuck," I said trying to catch my breath as I panicked when it finally stopped. My heart was pounding against my chest faster than ever before. Hide! I needed to hide. No way I'd be about to outrun him. I had to get my head on straight.

I looked around me but nothing was there. I had to keep going. I could hear the splashing of his heavy paws smacking against the flooded pavement as he got closer. I rounded a corner and stumbled over some trash cans but I couldn't stop. I jumped up quickly, trying not to use my left arm that was still burning like it was on fire but I kept going on pure adrenaline alone.

I wasn't thinking where I was headed too as I watched behind me more than in front, waiting for him to jump out of anywhere. That was the last thing in my panicked head. 'I just need to run,' was all I could think about, as I through one foot in front of the other. That was until I came to a chain-link fence, again, too tall for me to jump over. I tried to climb it but I couldn't with my arm hurt.

"No no no..." I let out a sob in defeat and smacked the fence with my good arm before turning around, hearing the wolf's growl behind me.

I tried to be brave, to go out with a little dignity as I stood there now facing the wolf. His eyes were locked on me. I tried hard to keep my sobbing under control as the rain hid my tears. Licking his lips, his head low, ears back, I could see his shoulderblades moving up and down behind his head as he stalked his way slowly down the alley towards me.

He was getting some kind of sick pleasure watching me panic, pinned against the fence. I knew he was. We both knew how this would end for me but he wasn't done having fun watching me squirm yet. I knew if he was human right now he would be laughing at me but damn it, I really tried to be brave.

And with my cocky mouth, I was sick of waiting. "Come on then you fucking pussy!" I yelled at him in a taunt, just to get this over with already.

It worked because as soon as I was done yelling it he jumped as I ducked to the ground. He missed me just barely but smacked me with his paw cutting open my cheek as my head hit the ground. I flipped over quickly as he snapped his strong jaws at me again pinning me to the ground with his massive front paws on my chest.

He got a hold of my shoulder, biting down hard with a tug as I heard a loud popping noise. I screamed in pain as he let go but he only pulled back just enough to snap forward towards my neck. Without even thinking, I shoved my already hurt arm into his mouth. He chewed on it like a toy as I yelled out a heavy sob. My own blood dripped onto me as I shoved my arm farther back in his jaw.

Once in the back of his jaw, his biting stopped since he couldn't close his mouth. I grabbed a small rock next to me and smacked it against his eye as best as I could a few times before he whined in pain and let go, moving his heavy paws off my chest so I could get a full breath in once more. I wouldn't go down that easy like some coward.

Scrambling to my feet that were under him I took off. I ran for the opening, my hurt arm now dangling from my dislocated shoulder. Thankfully all the damage was on the same side, so one arm was still usable to hold the other to my side. I could hear paws pounding the ground behind me, closing in fast.

Just then a black wolf jumped into the alley and ran at me full speed with teeth showing. I stopped in shock. Fuck, now two wolves would rip me apart.

I yelled and I ducked covering my head with my good arm at the last second as the black wolf jumped over me and landed on the other that was way too close, making them tumble backward together.

I was frozen, unable to do anything as the two wolves bit and wrestled with each other. I don't know what to do. Run the fuck out of there and be chased down again by two wolves? Or stay right here to see who wins so they could just kill me right here? I don't know. I can't think straight and am too exhausted to get up again.

I heard one of the wolves whine with a yelp of pain and looked to see the white and black one have the new wolf's side in his teeth but the black one twisted around to bite down on the back of the yellow-eyed one's neck with a terrifying growl making him let go as they rolled over with the black one underneath him. I didn't know who was winning or losing.

Just then two more wolves ran past me, making me jump out of my skin because I didn't hear them coming, and jumped in, attacking the yellow-eyed wolf. As the black one held onto the back of his neck keeping him on top of him. The red and blond wolf bit into the front of his neck as the dark brown one ripped into his chest, I'm guessing for the heart.

The alley was filled with loud high pitched whines and yelping as I watched in horror until everything was silent once more. All I could hear was the rain before the two wolves helped throw the dead one off the black wolf.

He got up on all fours and shook the water dripping off his fur, flinging it everywhere before his eyes locked in on me. Bright blue and glowing making me flinch.

Run or stay? Friend or foe? Is he going to kill me now? Should I run while I have somewhat of a change? Or give up, letting the three of them kill me and hope they did it faster than they killed him?

I was so wrapped in my own thoughts, trying to decide what to do that I didn't notice the black one was walking closer to me slowly. I teased my body, hugging myself in fear as I looked at him. He stopped immediately and I started to shake more, even my breath was shaking and heavy. Clearly showing in the fog I exhaled from the cold. I held my broken arm tighter against me. He just stood there, looking at me sitting in the rain like a helpless deer in headlights.

I was sick of this. "Just- just kill me already! Come on and get it over with, you- you fucking freak dog," I yelled at him as my voice cracked from crying. "I'm sick of being played with like... like some damn toy." I broke down as the tears fell heavier.

The black wolf before me whined a little at my words and his ears dropped before he laid on the wet ground. I didn't know what to do but looked at him in confusion. He slowly crawled closer on his belly. Of course, he was bigger than the other wolves behind him that were watching us closely so laying down didn't do much to make him look less terrifying.

He kept his head low with smell, low whines, looking down as he kept crawling a little and stopped like he was waiting for me to say or do something but I just stayed quiet and as still as I could. I was just blank at this point. He did that a few times until he was at my feet and pawed at my shoe. He looked up at me and our eyes locked. They were big, bright and really beautiful. It was the only word I could think of to describe them and they weren't glowing like before. They looked soft and pleading, almost familiar looking.

I stayed completely still as he moved a little closer to my face and closed his eyes before pushing his big head against my face, almost knocking me over. My hand shot up into his dark wet fur to catch myself as he nudged me a few more times. I couldn't help myself from running my fingers through his soaked fur around his ear and he pushed his head against it like it felt good to be scratched there.

This weird feeling of pleasure tingled down my body as I touched him. My heart jumped and my stomach turned in pleasure. I stopped scratching his ear as one person came into my mind at this moment. This weird feeling I've only felt around him, this weird smell I've only ever smelled being so close to him.

"Emmett?" I asked a little unsure as he pulled his head back to look at me. Those blue eyes, it had to be him.

.

.

.

Please don't forget to follow and like this chapter! 

Damn, that was intense! I hope you were as scared as I was writing it! It's nice to see Sam really does has some fight in him, even when looking death in the face like that. I hope you enjoyed it! This is probably my favorite chapter so far.