Ch10. Sam

Sam's POV

He pulled back to look me in the eyes and nodded slightly before licking my sore cheek gently. Then he sat up and looked over at the two wolves who were watching us. Suddenly they looked familiar to me as well. Those were the same two that chased me before.

But something else caught my eye as I looked between the two of them. There wasn't a dead wolf lying next to them anymore. It was the man from before again. Naked, his throat ripped open, and a huge hole in his chest where his heart should be. He was laying on his side facing us as the blood pooled around him faster than it could mix in with the rain.

"B- but h- how? You're a-a wolf an- and h- he was just a w- wolf?" I sniffled a little, confused and feeling so overwhelmed as Emmett looked back at me. He started moving close again with a small whine as he rubbed his nose against my cheek in a comforting way before we heard tires screech to a stop behind us.

He pulled away and looked up quickly, eyes glowing again with an angry growl as I looked over my shoulder to see the doors fly open on the big black van now blocking the opening. Three men and two women jumped out holding guns. I quickly jumped to my feet, legs shaking from trying to outran that wolf as I stepped back closer to Emmett. Thankfully my arm had stopped bleeding but my shoulder won't heal with it still dislocated.

They were all wearing armored black leather clothes but my eyes stopped at one of the men. He was bigger than the rest with a buzz cut to his dark-colored hair. He looked familiar for some reason and his dark eyes were right on me.

He smiled big like he recognized me before he started laughing loudly. "Well, well, well," he chuckled. "Call the doc. Tell her we just found an even bigger prize. Tell her we just found Samual Wheeler... alive."

I looked at him in confusion as I stepped back. How did he know who I was? And what did he mean by 'found me alive'?

I saw him take out a smaller handgun and my body went into shock as I looked at it. My head suddenly started throbbing. It hurt so bad I looked down as everything started to blur.

I closed my eyes and it happened so fast in a flash. That man was standing in front of me with a gun, that same gun, laughing but I couldn't move. The rain, the sound of screams coming from nearby, running water even closer, the smell of blood filling the air, my cries as I begged him to stop. Then the bang of the gun.

I opened my eyes feeling like I was falling and looked at him in fear holding myself and shaking even more. What the hell was that? Emmett growled at them and stepped in front of me as I stumbled back a little more.

"It's him alright. Forget the useless spider, he failed anyway. Take the boy instead," the man yelled as all their guns turned to me at once ready to fire.

Me? Why me? "Emmett," I said low and full of terror but panicked as I took another step back. I didn't want to go with those people. Bad things would happen if I did, I just knew it. They were not friendly, and I was not safe here.

Emmett looked back at me quickly, ears down, I could hear the other two wolves behind us growling and barking at the people. Emmett looked back at them and then at me and before I had time to do anything Emmett dove between my legs and threw me high in the air as the gunfire started filling the air.

I yelled as I felt myself start falling again flipping over, facing the top of the fence but before I hit the top of it I landed on something hard with red fur underneath me. I grabbed ahold of it quickly, pulled his fur hard as he yelped, and landed on the ground on the other side of the fence but he didn't stop. He took off fast as I held on for dear life with one hand, laying against his back.