Ch29. Emmett

Emmett's POV

I stepped out of the back seat of the blacked-out car, buttoning my suit jacket as I took a look around.

It's already been two days since the Hunters left the city with Sam and the hunt to track them down was still ongoing on the other side of the city. This was the last place I wanted to be. Just over the river at the border of my territory to meet with Alpha Vincent, who doesn't even look to be here yet. I couldn't help the growl that left my throat.

Walking into the street with both Brian and Mason on either side, Luna Sylvia walked up to greet me in the middle with one of their betas.

"Where is your mate?" I asked her with a smile. "He called me all the way out here despite me being extremely busy and he has the nerve to be late," I told her with a hint of anger. This was turning into a waste of time quickly and pissing me off. "I don't have time to waste."

"I assure you, Alpha Emmett, this was not our intention. He will be here soon though," she told me, smiling and talking sweetly but I knew that was an act.

Luna Sylvia didn't care to please anyone outside of her own pack. To everyone else, she was a cold-hearted woman but her pack was like her children and you didn't fuck with her children without getting bit. She was a strong and wise Luna but since she was also Omega it made her more feared and her pack even stronger.

Finally, another car pulled up which I assumed was Vincent and his twin brother Baxter but it confused me when a human boy stepped out of the car, wiping a few tears from his cheeks instead. Looking around once more I noticed the loud and cocky alpha-beta was nowhere to be found which was odd. He and his identical twin were always seen together.

Identical twins were rare in a litter and even more rare that they were both born alphas but they were close and together they were feared by many. However, if Baxter wasn't so lazy he would have become the alpha over Vincent but Vincent had more of the brains to go along with his strength which was more beneficial to run the whole pack plus he was mated with the omega so maybe him being lazy was for the best after all.

"Alpha Emmett, I'm sorry for the wait," Vincent said as we shook hands.

"Alpha Vincent. It's been too long. I was trying to get a hold of you not long ago. Funny how we meet now that you need help but when I needed it you were out of town," I told him coldly. This whole mess could have been avoided if he answered my calls to meet.

"Yes, well, coming back home to my brother being taken by Hunters wasn't the best welcome home gift either," he said, giving me an angry look.

I opened my eyes in shock, I didn't know he was the one they killed. Even though Baxter and I never once liked each other, for reasons I'm sure we both forgot a long time ago, I would never wish his death, and by Hunters of all things. To think they took down that cocky and fearless hard head was the last thing I would have expected.

"I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I saw it on the News but I didn't know it was Baxter," I told him honestly and lowered my head in respect. "May he be with Luna in-,"

"The Hunters took him. He isn't dead but I-," the boy behind him started saying as I looked over at him but Sylvia stopped him quickly.

"They took him? We were told he was dead," Mason said next to me.

"That was the lie they wanted everyone to think. They took my brother and then the group fled to the city and attacked you. We are trying to track them but I need to go into the city for that," Vincent said. "You know I would never cross without permission so I'm asking now to let us pass through."

"They aren't in the city anymore but-,"

"Do you know if they had another human with them?" The boy interrupted me once again as he pulled away from Sylvia. He was staying to get on my nerves as I narrowed my eyes at him and growled low, that was the second time he had done that.