Side Ch: M&F 1- Mason

Mason's POV

As soon as we stopped on the dirt road just outside the tree line, I bolted out the door and shifted before anyone could stop me. I could hear Emmett call after me but I knew he could just follow my scent to know where I was going, but I needed to get there first.

My paws sank into the mud as I ran through the forest as fast as my wolf could go. I loved the feeling of the leaves brushing past my fur and I would have taken this moment to let my wolf ravel in it but I needed to go fast.

Once I started to approach the small little clearing, I could smell him before I could see him. I looked around only for a moment before seeing the red fox licking his paw while sitting on a fallen tree. I took a few extra seconds to watch a little longer as he began to groom his big, fluffy red and black tail, trying to keep it clean despite all the mud left from last night's rainfall.

I slowly stalked closer as I lowered my body close to the ground, I couldn't keep watching, even though I wanted to. They would be here soon and I needed to let him know what was happening first since I didn't dare text it over the phone. But I couldn't help myself from inching close ever so quickly while he was too busy in his grooming to smell me closing in. I pounced from the excitement of seeing him and for a little fun. We both landed into the mug with me on top, pinning him in a muddy puddle. The panic of the little fox made him freeze in fear and whimper.

We shifted at the same time but I made sure my eyes stayed the same glowing green and close to him. My hand was on his throat but not enough to choke him as his big jaded eyes looked into mine, scared for just a second more before he realized who I was.

"Mason! You- you dog! Get off me!" He whined before he punched my shoulder, making me laugh as I stood to my feet. "I- I just showered and groomed my beautiful, smooth coat! There's mud everywhere now!" He whined as I pulled him up, his eyes wandering around his small thin, and gorgeously naked body that was now covered in dirty water.

"What are you talking about? You look great, I think the brown complements your pile skin nicely," I teased while smiling but tried not to laugh.

Felix, on the other hand, was on the verge of tears as he sniffled. "I came here because you said you needed my help and this is how you treat me? You're so mean Mason," he started to pout.

I did start to feel slightly bad as I pulled him into my arms tightly. I knew the little fox took pride in looking beautiful and yet I made him feel gross and dirty just for fun.

Of course, he was by far the most adorable thing I had ever seen, dirty or not. With his dark red hair that matched his fox's coat and big jaded green eyes. Foxes were all naturally smaller in size but Felix had a more feminine frame that he took pride in keeping in shape and showing off.

"Even covered in mud, you look absolutely stunning," I said looking down at him as I caressed his cheek gently. He looked up at me with his bottom lip puffed out and let out a slight whine.

"Oh, you big mean wolf. Stop trying to butter me up," he sniffled again and pushed my hand away gently. "What do you want and why are we meeting here in the Blue Moon's territory and not at the Willow tree like normal? Your alpha scares the hell out of me and I don't want to be killed if we are caught. You know he hates us foxes right?" He asked, looking around in a slight panic and clearly uncomfortable. "I only came in here because you said it was urgent and I was worried that you were hurt but it's clear that you are perfectly fine."

"It's fine. I'm fine. We just came to talk to you about something important. Just keep yourself calm, nothing bad will-,"

I could hear his heart leap into his throat and start beating faster as he grabbed my arm tightly, digging a few nails into the skin. "W- we? What do you mean by we?"

"Everything is okay," I tried to reassure him. "Calm down."

"Mason, what are you talking about? What did you do? You're starting to scare me," he said, starting to panic even more.

"Shh, little fox, it's okay. You know I would never-,"

"We came to talk about the Hunters that passed through your father's territory," Emmett said as he walked out of the shadows.

Felix jumped around quickly as the smell of his fear filled the air. Before I could stop him to try and keep him calm, he did the one thing I feared he would do and shifted.

.

.

.

Don't forget to hit the like button and follow! Get a sneak peek into the next chapter two days before posting on my Instagram at kody.colors

Short Side Chapter. Let's welcome Felix, an extremely confident in his looks and sexy little fox shifter. The fifth son of the fox alpha. There are 8 of them in total making him the 6th child of the fox alpha.