Ch15. Emmett/Sam

Emmett's POV

My phone started ringing, waking me up as usual. I should have put the damn thing on silent but then again I told myself that every morning I woke up to it.

Groaning, still half asleep as it just continued to ring, I nuzzled into... hair? My eyes snapped open as I woke up fully. Sam's back was pressed against my chest, our legs tangled together as I held him around his waist to keep his lower body against mine. I hurried to turn my upper body to silence my phone before he woke up but he was still heavily asleep on my other arm as he hold it against his front body.

His scent covered my whole bed now, making me want to rub against it all day and let my wolf roll in his scent. I slept so peacefully because of it. A sweet and beautiful scent that calmed every part of my body.

Damn, he was so cute as he snuggled against my arm even more with a soft snore. I just wanted to hold him against me like this all day long but looking at the time I needed to go and get things done before someone came to get me like last night.

Now having a pretty good idea of what the hunters could be after, I had a lot of work to do in keeping the safety of my family and pack intact. There were hundreds of us all working and living in this city, making us the largest pack in records but we were also the oldest pack to hold this territory. They all felt safe here and I mean to keep it that way. I would never let the hunters come here with an army and declare my city a danger to the humans to start attacking us.

I held Sam tightly but gently not to wake him for a few minutes longer before softly kissing his cheek and carefully untangled my arm and legs to get out of bed. He quickly rolled around and grabbed the pillow I was laying my head on and squeezed it against him to snuggle with, making me chuckle at how adorably clingy he was in his sleep before walking to the bathroom and getting ready for the day.

After that, I wrote him a note telling him I would be in my office just down the elevator if he needed anything but I would be back later with Viv so he could see the rest of the pack house with her as promised.

Maybe I could handle a few things quickly and try to sneak back into bed with him if he was still sleeping. I already missed his warmth against me as I took the elevator down one floor and walked down the hall into my office.

Sighing deeply to my own pitiful state before I texted Luke and told him to get up here as I sat down at my desk and started the work that I was supposed to get done last night.

"Good morning Alpha," Steph said as she walked into my office. She was one of my secretaries who helped me stay organized with the businesses we owned around the city. I honestly don't know what I would do without her by my side. Even though I try my hardest to sneak past her daily because she always has a ton of work for me. "You have a 2 o'clock meeting with the Woo family about trading overseas and the Wright's need your approval about some kind of addition they would like to make to their bakery. I guess business has significantly picked up for them in the past few weeks and they need something bigger with more help. Also, you need to read and sign these as soon as possible."

I leaned back in my chair as she set down the stack of papers. "Whatever the Wrights need just give it to them within reason. I knew they would be successful. Have you had Mel's bread? I would kill for it. Oh! You know what, order me a pound of her banana bread while we're talking about it please." I smiled big wondering if Sam had ever had banana bread before and if he would like it.

"Yes, Alpha. Would that be all?" She asked as I started looking through the papers she gave me.

"I have Luke coming up. Send him in as soon as he gets here. That will be all for now. Hold my calls until after he leaves."