Side Ch: M&F 4- Felix (TW 18+)

Trigger Warning for suicidal and self-harming thoughts.

Felix's POV

I lay in bed, looking at the ceiling with one eye. The beauty and love I once had for myself just seemed like a lifetime ago. I couldn't even bring myself to look into another mirror. Not after the horror I saw looking back at me, these four long ugly scars, the empty hole my once beautiful jade green eye once was.

The mirror still sat broken on the bathroom wall after the nurses cleaned the shattered prices of the second one I smashed, my knuckles were still red and sore, but the wounds were nearly healed. In fear that I would hurt myself again, they didn't replace it, but I didn't want a new one anyways. I would have done the same thing over again if I got another glimpse of this hideous face wrapped in bandages.

To be honest, Mason was the only true reason I didn't harm myself further, even though the thought had crossed my mind when he wasn't here, but I couldn't hurt the one I loved like that. He was all I had left now and to have him find me like that stopped my act of truly doing it.

Looking at the door, I wondered where my wolf had gone. He only left a little while ago, but it felt like hours passed when he wasn't here. I felt so empty and alone now that I didn't have a pack.

My thoughts grew dark again. Maybe I should leave this world. It wasn't like Mason marked me. Hell, we were just putting off rejecting each other for the last four years, so we never did accept the other as mates. He could find another, someone as beautiful as he deserved, not a broken, ugly fox who was kicked out of his pack and scarred as a traitor like I was.

A man as wild and free as Mason would have no trouble finding a new lover to call his and be proud to show off to the world. Maybe he will find a female to bear him pups. Yeah, he would become a loving father and devoted mate if I left this life. I should stop being a coward and just get it over with.

I started to get off the bed when the door to my room flew open without a knock, making me jump out of my darkening thoughts. The smell of human hit my nose just as a boy with freckles and wild thick dark blond curls fell to the floor on his butt.

"A human?" I jumped up in the bed to get a closer look. The fox territory didn't have humans as Mason's did. This was the first one I've seen since being here, but the boy didn't even look my way.

He looked in fear at the door, and I soon found the source of that fear as a wolf nudged the door open again with its muzzle. Teeth showed as dark, nearly black eyes looked hungrily at the boy.

I was so confused. Why was this wolf's scent so full of anger? Why was it openly attacking a human in a public place like this? Something isn't right.

The boy scooted back as best as he could with how much he was shaking, but he couldn't move far. I'll be damned if I watch this happen. From what I've read, humans in the Blue Moon pack were to be protected from attacks like this by law, just like any pack that shared territory with humans. This female wolf clearly looked ready to kill this boy, but I won't let that happen.

I jumped in front of the boy, shielding him with my human body. I didn't care if I died at this point, but this boy looked like he wanted to live. I pushed myself back, helping push the boy further away from the wolf since he kept freezing in fear.

"What are you doing, wolf?" I yelled at the blonde and white wolf. Her full attention snapped to me but even seeing me, another shifter, a witness to the crime she was about to commit, didn't stop her from stepping closer. "Don't you know this territory lives in peace with the humans? You are about to commit a deadly crime. Leave now, and I won't tell a soul what I've seen here." I tried to reason with her, knowing I wasn't much of a match against a wolf as determined to kill as she looked but maybe it would buy us some time until Mason got back.