Ch 31. Emmett

Emmett's POV

It took me a minute to catch up with Mason, who jumped into wolf form and took off as soon as we got there. I had a bad feeling about this.

I told the rest of the warriors that came with us to surround the area we were meaning the fox that Mason hesitantly told us he knew and to stay out of sight. I didn't want to start a war with the foxes since they were so close to the city and we had other things to worry about so I agreed to his way first but I still didn't trust the unknown fox.

Walking up the small boy already looked spooked and worried while Mason was trying to calm him but to my surprise, it was the black alpha fox's 5th son. I've only ever met him once after I took over the pack. I didn't care to learn all their names but I remembered him because he was in charge of his side of the borderline and because he looked smug and too high maintenance so to see him here holding onto Mason, total opposites from each other, really threw me off guard.

"We've come to talk about the Hunters that passed through your father's territory," I interrupted Mason after I overheard the fox's panicked questioning.

The smell of fear grew much stronger as he jumped around to see me walking over and without warning, the fox shifted and used his little sharp claws to climb up Mason's arm in a panic to make a run for it. Just as I thought he would.

Mason hissed in pain but tried to stop him. "Felix wait!" He yelled trying to catch the little creature who jumped off his shoulder in an attempt to escape.

I linked with the other wolves surrounding the area. 'Don't let him escape!' I ordered them quickly.

He could easily tell his father of this if he got away and I can't have that. Damn it. I never should have agreed to this.

Two wolves quickly jumped in the fox's way, blocking his escape. He turned to scatter but soon found himself surrounded as two more jumped in his way again with some of Vincent's wolves right behind them for backup if the fox somehow managed to slip past.

It all happened so fast as one nipped at the fox, biting his back leg. He hissed and swatted the wolf with his little claws, cutting the wolf's nose open. The others growled and were ready for a full attack as they began nipping at the fox's tail, ears, and legs just for a little fun at the panicked thing who tried to curl into himself.

One lunged forward, done with their teasing game but Mason jumped on top of the fox already in wolf form again, shielding him from the wolf who accidentally bit into his front leg instead of the fox.

Mason yelped in pain but dug his teeth into the other's shoulder, making her immediately submit to him and back down in an apologetic whine.

I watched a little in shock as Mason shielded the fox's body with his own and threatened the others to back down with a deadly growl and bearing his teeth at them as he stood over the little creature who was scared half to death, shaking uncontrollably, curled into a tight ball.

"That's enough," I said, waking over. "Clearing this scavenger won't be attempting that again."

Mason waited until the others backed off before he shifted back. He had a bite mark on his upper arm that was still bleeding but it was starting to heal.

He hugged around the fox keeping him close and protected as the fox nuzzled into his neck with little whines and a slight purr.

"Stop this at once! He agreed to come here to help me and this is how you treat him!" He yelled at me, making my eyes open wide again.

I stood there for a moment, trying to keep in control of my growing anger. "Turn back now. We have much to discuss," I said as the fox jumped closer against Mason with a scared whimper.

"It's okay Felix. Nothing will happen. You're safe now. I won't let go," I heard Mason try and soothe him as he hugged the little fox closer.

He whined a little more but shifted back into his human form, keeping glued to Mason as much as he could. He had little bites down his legs and arms.

"Wh- what do you want?" He asked in a shaking voice keeping his eyes closed and face buried into Mason's chest like he was trying to hide.

Foxes were brave and fearless when they were with their pack but caught alone they were extremely timid and skittish creatures. It didn't take much to scare the little beast in Mason's arms.

"I want to know where the Hunters went inside your territory," I demanded. I didn't have time to beat around the bush since I already had to wait 3 days to meet here. Every second that passed here was one more second Sam was possibly suffering with those monsters and I had no patience left at this point.

"I- I don't know w- what you're t- talk about," he said, tightening his grip against Mason who was trying his best to comfort him by gently holding him and rubbing up and down his back. He was looking at me dead in the eyes as if challenging me and it wasn't making the situation any easy.

"Don't waste any more of my time fox! We tracked them to your borders 5 days ago. Your father even had a group guarding that exact spot to make sure we couldn't follow after them," I told him and that was the truth.

They were waiting for my trackers at that spot. There's no way that was a coincidence, they knew we would be there and they were ready for us. Just hearing this sneaky scavenger lie to me made my anger turn into rage faster than I could control it. The air around me grew dark and heavy and I knew my eyes had changed long ago.

"Th- th- that's impossible. We h- have more of a reason t- to hate the Hunters th- than you wolves. Why... why would my father help them a- after they caged us and hunting us down for s- sport for so many years. M- Mason, please. I- I want to leave," he begged as tears streamed down his face. No doubt he felt my anger growing by the second.

"What he says is true Felix," Mason reassured him and then looked at me. "Alpha, he doesn't know anything about this, please calm down."

"How can he not know anything that's going on in his own territory?" I asked. The anger took over quickly as I growled, showing my fangs that grew longer. "He's the alpha's own blood and yet he doesn't know what's going on. Are you not the son that is in charge of guarding your side of the border?" I asked even though I already knew this fox was the head of the guard on this side.

"M- Mason p- please..." the fox pleaded as he started falling to the ground in submission from the heavy anger that poured out of me.

I was so blinded by my own rage as I walked closer but I didn't care enough to see anything past the images of what Sam could be enduring at that exact moment. My constant worrying and fear that I would never see my mate again the longer time passed without him. The fear that I would be too late to save him.

I was losing control of myself, the only thing I could hear was the blood boiling in my ears, my vision started to blur as this blood lust took over me.

.

.

.

Don't forget to like this chapter. 

Sorry not a new chapter, just adding to correct the order after switching some things around.

And Damn Emmett. This isn't good.