Ch16. Sam

Sam's POV

"You... you used me?" I asked, feeling so shattered.

Emmett let go of the man, pushing him away from the bookshelf behind him as he stood up straight again, looking panicked. "Sam wait. No that's not-,"

"But it is. I was just bait to you people. I- I thought-," I shook my head, trying to keep the images of what all happened last night out of my mind, and stepped back as tears filled my eyes.

I thought maybe he wanted me. Like maybe he actually cared for me and felt this connection as I did but he didn't. He got what he wanted, so why was I still here?

It did explain why he was there though. Why didn't I question that before? I'm such a fool. I'm so stupid to think that someone like him actually cared for a lowly street thief like me.

I turned and started to walk away quickly wiping the tears away. I won't let him see me so heartbroken over this.

"Sam wait." He grabbed my shoulder and turned me around to face him once again. "Let me explain. Please."

"Let me go!" I yelled and shoved him away, turning my sadness into anger. He didn't move far at all from my push but stepped back with his hands up. "There is nothing to explain. You just let me go to find who hired me. You didn't save me, you're not some hero, and you never cared about me at all. I'm just a thief to you. Someone to be used again and again whenever it's convenient for you. That's why I'm here," I gasped and covered my mouth as a thought came to my head.

"That's not true Sam. Please just let me-,"

"Is that why you brought me to your room? Were you," I started stepping backward away from him. "Were you going to-,"

"Don't even think that Sam," he nearly growled at me as his eyes started glowing. "I would never do that to you."

I needed to leave. I felt like I was suffocating. I turned around and ran to the door that led me downstairs, hoping I could remember the way out of this place. I pushed to open it in a hurry but it didn't open.

"Sam please don't leave. It's not safe out there right now. The hunt-,"

"Fuck you, Emmett!" I turned around and saw Viv and Brian rush into the large room. "I'm not any safer here with any of you either," I yelled, looking around the room as the two women behind the large desk stopped talking on the phones and looked over at me in confusion and shock.

"Sammy what are you-," Viv started but then stopped as our eyes met. She gasped and covered her mouth almost in fear.

"All of you knew about it too!" I yelled, feeling the anger boil in my stomach. "You all just pretended to be nice to me. So you could get what you wanted." I had to stop because I was starting to choke up again, shaking like I was about to explode and I'll be damned if I let them see me cry.

"Sam, please. Let's just go back upstairs and talk about this." Emmett walked closer as I stepped back now feeling trapped between him and the door as he inched closer.

"Emmett don't touch him!" Viv yelled.

But Emmett ignored her as he stepped closer to me and laid a hand on my cheek to try and comfort me but I felt my whole body burn with rage. So much anger and hatred grew inside me like I never felt before. My vision tunneled like something else was taking over my body but I was so angry that I didn't even care what it was. I let myself become overwhelmed by the feeling.

"Don't touch me," I said in what sounded like a deep growl and looked right into his eyes as his grew wide in shock. "I hate all of you!" I yelled as I pushed him back again feeling like a trapped animal but he flew back this time, I mean literally off the ground backward.

I watched in horror as he landed on Brian who was standing on the other side of the room. He tried to catch him but instead, they both crashed against the TV behind them, shattering it to the ground with them both. Viv gasped in shock covering her mouth, the two other women jumped up with screams. I froze for a moment as I looked down at my hands. They were shaking so bad. I needed to leave, now.

I reached behind me and grabbed the door handle pulling it this time as it opened and ran out the door without checking to see if they were okay as I mentally freaked out.

What the hell just happened? I was so angry, so filled with rage my body burned, it was still burning. I couldn't remember the last time I felt like this. I've never been this pissed off before. I was always the calm one but right now I just couldn't. I felt so fucking used and hurt. I thought he cared about me but he didn't. He just pitied me. He just felt guilty and that's why he brought me here, that's why he kissed me last night and held me close to him. Keeping me close so he could use me again and I would just blindly follow like a love-sick puppy.

I looked at the bottom of the stairs to see the two guards, one looked up to see me and quickly jumped in my way. They tried to stop me but I took off running and dodged them both, moving faster than I thought I could as I ran down the other set of stairs. People and wolves all moved out of the way in surprise watching me run passed them. Running where I remembered until I saw the Exit sign. I knew the guards had to be right behind me but I ran as fast as I could.

"Sam stop!" I heard Emmett yell after me in a panic but the elevator doors opened just in time while people walked off, moving out of my way. "No! Stop him! Someone stop him now!" Emmett yelled quickly in even more of a panic as I jumped into the elevator.

I looked up as the door started to close to see Emmett standing at the top of the stairs looking at me with a scared and heartbreaking look.

"Sam don't-," he started but the doors closed, cutting off his words and leaving me all alone.

I hit the G button a hundred times for the garage or ground floor, huffing to catch my breath for a moment before I yelled out my rage. I punched the metal wall hard, bending the metal like it was nothing but I didn't even care as all this anger and rage started fading into a deep sadness again.

"I'm so stupid," I said to myself and covered my face with my still violently shaking hands. "I'm so fucking stupid."

Then it all hit me.

Where was I going to go now? They knew where I stayed on the streets. I had no shoes on, a thin short sleeve shirt, and sweatpants in the middle of fall. I had nothing. He will go to my shelter first so I can't go there. Maybe Steven's but if I did that then I'll only put them in danger and I didn't even know if Steven was still mad at me from the last time I saw him.

The doors opened and I quickly jumped out and ran for it as fast as I could. I didn't know where I was going to go. I just needed to go and hope to all the gods he doesn't catch me. I didn't trust him anymore. I didn't trust anyone anymore. How could I?

But this is what I get for being so stupid. For trusting a guy I stole from like that because he was beyond handsome and showed me a little attention and kindness. Because he acted like a hero and saved my life. Come on Sam, get yourself together.

Shit like that didn't happen in real life.

.

.

.

Don't forget to like and follow!

Ugh, that really broke my heart but shit! He threw Emmett across the room. What was that?