Side Ch: S&B 1.2- Steven

Steven's POV

I wasn't sure what happened as the weight of the man lifted from me in a scream. I groaned and tried hard to focus as I laid there on my back and took a few sobbing breaths before the sound of deep growling grew over the ringing in my ears.

I looked over to where the sound was coming from to see a huge dark figure on top of the man, growling just inches from his face as the man cried and held his shaking hands up. Was that a wolf?

My vision started to clear after a few blinks as I noticed the huge wolf's ears were pointed to the back of his head, with a huge front paw pushing down on the man's chest, holding him down as it barked once loudly, snapping his huge sharp fangs just centimeters from the man's face. He cried out a scream looking away from the beast.

Even I jumped at how loud it was, thinking I was about to watch this wolf rip the man apart but instead, the large beast pushed off him and took small little steps backward towards me. I grunted from the pain in my ribs as I sat up, scooting back on my ass and hands so the wolf wouldn't step on me.

The man looked a little confused as he pulled himself up slowly but the wolf didn't turn away from the man once. "G- get in th- the car b-boy," the man spoke in a stutter.

It made me stop and tense in fear, I didn't want to go anywhere with this man who just tried to force me and was beating me a moment ago. I didn't want to move, even if I wanted to, for fear the wolf would attack me instead. But before I could do or say anything the wolf looked at me dead in my eyes with his large red eyes before jumping with a terrifying bark once again at the man. It made the man stumble back into the passage seat of the car while the wolf stepped backward over my leg, keeping lower to the ground than before like he was ready to jump at the man.

"Fuck this then. Y- you're on your own. Fucken whore," he cursed at us as he slammed the door shut and crawled over to the driver's seat.

I was scared but for some reason it felt as though the wolf was protecting me somehow as he stayed low to the ground, unmoving. The wolf stood ready to pounce but didn't move as we watched the car turn around quickly and start to floor it away as fast as he could, kicking up gravel at us. I blocked the few that made it past the wolf with my arms and turned my face so I wouldn't get hit.

When the dust finally faded, I felt my tensed body slightly relax in relief as I lowered my arms but the wolf was turned towards me as our eyes locked immediately. My body stiffened again as I looked at the big beast in front of me. He was a beautiful wolf in my opinion. I've always found wolves and wolf shifters interesting as he stood tall, almost proud looking with his head held high and ears pointed up again.

I was still shaking but I didn't feel in danger like I did with that man here. "Thank you," I mumbled to the wolf.

The sound of bones breaking filled the air as my eyes widened when the wolf started shifting before me. Before I could fully understand what was happening a man stood tall in place of the wolf. My face grew hot as I realized he was naked and tried to keep my eyes up at the man's face.

It wasn't the first time I've seen a wolf shifter but it was definitely the first time I've watched one shift in front of me. I just sat on the ground, frozen in place. If I thought the wolf was beautiful, then the man standing in front of me now was gorgeous.

He was tall with hard muscles that ran down his dark caramel skin. It was dark so I couldn't tell if the man's hair was a dark brown like Sam's or black but it was slightly curled compared to my own thick curls but just as wild. His eyes no longer glowed red in the moonlight like before but I could still picture them as a reddish color, wishing I could see their true color in some kind of light.