Ch32. Emmett

Emmett's POV

"-pha! Emmett! Emmett please!" Mason's pleading voice began to reach me over the sound of my own heart beating. Everything that just happened was blank as I snapped out of it.

Looking around, my members lay in whining with their tails between their legs. Mason stood in front of me holding my arm that gripped into the fox's arm as hard as I could without breaking it, he was crying and struggling for air.

Foxes were extremely sensitive to pheromones, without the pack to help maintain a stronger bond to block out such things it was hitting the fox at full force and even harder than it was hitting my own members. The air was too thick for him and his panic was only making it worse.

I let go as he fell to the ground gasping for air while I stopped relieving my anger still in a confused daze.

Mason let me go and rushed to the little fox. "What is wrong with you?" Mason yelled at me with a killing stare that I'd never seen on him before. He held the fox in his arms and rubbed his cheek on top of his head. "I would never hurt your mate like that, so don't ever do it to mine again!"

Felix panicked once more, still shaking and catching his breath as he looked at me in horror, waiting for my reaction.

Honestly, I should have noticed when I first walked up or when Mason chose to protect him over his pack or from all the skin content and affection they showed for each other but being so blinded by my own emotions I didn't even care to think it was possible. It wouldn't be the first time a werewolf in my pack found a mate in other shifters but why did it have to be a fox this time?

I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration and shame, groaning deeply as the regret of my actions took over. Mason was like the brother I never had and I just hurt and attacked his fated mate. It snapped me out of my anger so fast. "How did-,"

"I'll find out for you!" Felix yelled out of nowhere as he held Mason closely. His arm was already starting to bruise where I grabbed him and it made the guilt sting deeper. "I'll find out where they went for you and why I didn't know of this. I swear it just please don't- don't make him reject me. I'll do whatever you want please," he begged me in tears. "I just need some t- t- time. P-please alpha!" He began sobbing harder than before.

I stood there dumbfounded for a moment. "What makes you think I have the power to do that fox? If you are mates then it is up to you to accept it or reject it yourselves and clearly, you both have accepted it."

He truly feared my reaction to knowing they were mates. Is this why they hid the truth? I didn't like it but it wasn't my place to tell them what to do. Honestly, I was happy for Mason. I was starting to think he was never going to find his mate and yet here he was holding him in his arms.

"We will talk about this later Mason," I started and looked at the dark red-haired boy in his arms. "And you have two days to find those answers and reach out to Mason again. If not then I will have to use force and no one wants it to come to that," I threatened and walked away leaving them holding each other on the ground.

Now I had more of a reason not to start a war between us but I needed answers and Vincent wasn't going to hold back much longer either. We needed to find both Sam and Baxter as fast as we could.

♠♠♠

The rest of us waited by the cars as I tried to be as patient as I could for Mason to come back. But I found that hard to do after an hour rolled by and I smoked my last cigarette. Tipping my finger on the hood of the car, the others stayed a good distance away from me but finally, he showed again.

As his wolf finally walked out of the bushes, everyone knew to walk away and get into the vehicles. I turned and handed him pants as he shifted back and we stood without words for some time.

"How long have you kept this from me?" I finally asked.

He took a deep breath looking into the forest. "We found out at the agreement meeting actually and then a few months after that, we saw each other again at the borderline and found out for sure. We were going to reject it but um.. we didn't really get around to it..."

"Agreement meeting? 4 years ago? Have my borders not been safe the whole time I've been alpha?" I asked, turning to him in shock. 4 years? 4 years! He kept that from me, sneaking behind my back. Was our friendship and bond a joke to him?

The anger grew between us quickly as he turned to me and stood up tall. "How could you ask me that? Are you questioning my loyalty to you?"

"Should I be? I mean how could I trust you when you clearly can't trust me? Yes, I am your alpha but you and I were brothers long before that. We grew up together and yet you kept this from me... For 4 years Mason!"

"I- we have never met while we were working. We always made sure our rounds were done and the boards were safe before we would meet up and we have never broken laws," he growled at me. "And we've kept it a secret for many reasons. The biggest one is the fact that our packs have been enemies for at least 100 years."

"Then how did you touch him without one of you crossing over? He even crossed over today without much of a fight."

"There are a few splits in the line, lakes, and ponds, one of them has a large Willow tree and a little bit of land that is unclaimed. We met there. Today was the first time he crossed, I swear it to Luna and technically he had permission to cross over today by you so no laws had been broken. We have always done our jobs first and never talked about the packs. Emmett, I've also been loyal to my pack and he, his."

I sighed believing him. I knew he was loyal, I've always trusted him more than anyone else in my whole pack even including Brian. "Okay. I trust you but I swear on Luna herself if you ever..." I tightened my fists and my lips pressed together hard at the thought of him ever betraying me, it made me sick and the words just stopped there. I couldn't even finish what I would do if I found out otherwise. "Do you think he will really help us?"

"I know he will do the right thing. He hates the Hunters just as much as we do, if not more. I told him everything that has been happening. He will find the truth one way or another in two days. I have faith in him."

"Fine. But I want to check around the black fox's borders to try and pick up a scent still, just in case. Let's go. I have to call Vincent," I told him as I started to open the door but stopped. "And I'm sorry... for letting my anger blind me. I've been running on autopilot since they took Sam, this anxiety has taken over me before I knew it and if I had known, I never would have hurt your mate. I would have tried to control myself better so don't hide shit like that from me."

"Yes, Alpha. I won't do it again." He walked around the car and slipped in next to me in the back seat.

I just hope his fox can do this one thing for us and Vincent will keep his patience in the meantime.

.

.

.

Don't forget to like the chapter!

Poor Felix didn't deserve that. He truly didn't know about the Hunters. But I'm glad Emmett saw how wrong his actions were. I hope he can make it up to Felix as well.