2. Whats wrong with Alex

George had just got out of the shower, he was looking for his clothes but he hadn't brought any in with him, so he decided just to walk to his room in a towel. The moment he opened the door Alex stepped out of his room into corridor. George saw Alex's eyes widen and his body freeze like a deer caught in the headlights. Red painted over his cheeks and he darted back into his room.

George had no idea what had just happened, was Alex blushing? He was, why was he blushing? George looked down remembering he was only wearing a towel. He shrugged off the strange feeling he got from seeing Alex blush at him like a school girl. George didn't know that was going on, he needed to talk to someone, so he messaged Will.

Will:

George:
Will mate the weirdest thing just
happened to me

Will:
Oh yeah really? What's that then

George:
Well I just got out the shower and I was walking back to my room, when I bumped
into Alex and he turned bright red and practically ran away from me
Did I upset him?

Will:
That is really strange mate.
Maybe it's nothing.
Maybe check on him he might be feeling
off or something, you know Alex he
bottles everything up
Or he might be sick?
I don't think whatever it is is your fault
though mate :)

George:
Maybe yeah your probably right, I'll go
make us some dinner now anyway it's
getting late he's probably hungry
Thanks for your help mate

Will:
Your welcome mate, Gees making some
food now too because Mias coming
over and apparently their having a
"girls night"....
Also known as my roommates stolen my girlfriend for the night😂

George:
Well have fun with that one mate!

George didn't know whether that conversation with Will had made him less worried or more worried about Alex. Now he thought something was actually wrong with Alex. He decided to make Alex favourite food, spaghetti, he always made it for Alex when he was having a bad day because he really liked it and it made him smile.

George finished cooking and dished up the exact amount Alex liked on his plate and poured him his favourite drink. George knew all the small and seemingly unimportant things Alex liked, due to them having been living together for so long. George would always make sure that he did them all, just so he could see Alex smile.

"Alex I made us both dinner, it's your favourite" George called out into the flat.
"Coming mate" Alex shouted back from his room. Alex came into the kitchen and smiled at George taking his seat next George. He saw that George had given him the exact amount he liked and even poured him his favourite drink.

The fact that George cared so much made Alex's cheeks burn, he knew he was blushing again and he couldn't run away this time.
"Thanks Georgie your the best" Alex smiled.
"Your welcome, you feeling okay you look a little red? Are you sick?" Georges questioned feeling worry burn in his chest. Why was he so worried about Alex... if that was Will or James  he wouldn't be so worried... what was going on with him?
"Yeah something like that" Alex said coughing a little for effect. George cooed and rubbed Alex's back.

Alex could feel his skin tingle at Georges touch... god this was bad maybe he did have a little more than a crush on George. As George rubbed Alex's back he felt strange, his body shivered slightly, he didn't understand why, he concluded must have caught whatever Alex clearly had.

"Sorry your not feeling great Al, just eat this then go get some rest okay?" George suggested, patting Alex's back and returning to eating his food.
"Yeah I think I'll do that" Alex smiled feeling guilty that he was lying to George. Alex finished his food and stood up from the table and begun to walk back to his room.
"Just call me if you need anything okay?" George told his roommate.
"Yeah okay then" Alex whispered.

George felt the strangest urge to follow the man and lay down on the bed with him and hold him close. Why did George want to do that? Why was that all he wanted right now? Alex was his best mate maybe it's just because he was sick and George wanted to comfort him. In the back of his mind George knew that wasn't the reason at all, but he didn't want to think about that, so he pushed it down into the back of his mind and followed Alex.

Alex was laying face down on his bed wondering what the hell he was going to do, when he heard George walk in.
"You feel that sick huh" He heard George ask as he felt the bed dip beside him. Alex didn't know what to do, he wasn't sick at all, he just had a massive massive crush on his best mate.
"What are you doing in here George?" Alex asked quietly.
"Just wanted to check on you, felt bad leaving you alone" George said half telling the truth.
"Thanks mate, I'm okay I promise" Alex muttered. He was originally going to try and make George go away but now he kind of wanted him to stay.

"You want a hug? To erm make you feel better" George asked looking at his hands. Alex once again felt his body heat up, to hug George was all he wanted right now.
"Yeah please mate" Alex sighed sitting up on the bed. George hugged Alex leaning the mans body against his own. Georges heart sped up when Alex wrapped his arms around his neck and nuzzled his face into his shoulder. Alex could feel George rubbing his back as he leant into him, goosebumps formed all over Alex's body, not because he was cold but because he felt like a teenager again. He was falling for George and he was falling fast.

Alex must have fallen asleep at some point because when George looked down he saw the man with his eyes closed, a peaceful look on his face. George felt his stomach flutter, he tried to ignore the feeling and told himself he was just hungry, even though he knew he had only just eaten. He found he didn't want to move Alex, he tried to tell himself it was because the man was sick, but he knew it was partly because he liked having Alex this close to him but he didn't know why.

~Authors note~
Awww is George in denial?
Will of course is not the sharpest tool in the shed bless him.