7. The accident

Alex couldn't stop thinking about this kiss, that was all he'd ever wanted, to kiss George felt so right. He left the flat to start the 10 minute walk to where he was going to meet his brother. Alex felt the cool air hit his body as he walked down the road. The streets were crowded but he felt like he was alone, almost as if he was underwater.

Alex continued down the street, his brain hazy with the thought of Georges lips on his own and his hand on hip holding him close. His body shuddered and a strange feeling of pleasure washed over him as he remembered how Georges hands had lingered on his waist.

Before he knew it he was at the Cafe, well on the other side of the road from it. He spotted his younger brother sitting at a table outside holding a menu. He called out his name and waved, his brother looked up at him and smiled waving back. Alex stepped out into the road, suddenly he wasn't walking anymore and everything went dark.

Will had spotted his older brother waving at him from the other side of the road. He watched as Alex stepped into the road, the next thing he knew his brother was flying through the air, hitting the ground. He saw Alex laying motionless in the road, blood pouring from his head. Will felt his heart stop, he dropped the menu he was holding and ran over to his brother.

"ALEX ALEX PLEASE WAKE UP" he screamed as he knelt next to him. He could hear other people crowding around them, he couldn't understand what they were saying.
"CALL AN AMBULANCE" he heard a man shout. He felt someone place their hand on his shoulder, shaking him slightly.

Will looked up to see a kind looking lady talking to him.
"Sir is that your brother?" She asked. Will nodded.
"His names Alex" Will whispered in response.
"Okay honey we're getting him some help an ambulance will be here soon" she comforted.
Will reached his hand out to Alex and brushed his finger lightly on Alex's face, scared to touch him.
"Please be okay, please Alex I need you" he whispered.

Will heard the ambulance pull up next to them. A large man in green uniform jogged over to them, followed by a slightly smaller man in the same uniform. They immediately started to assess his brother. Will could hear them saying things he didn't understand.
"Pupils fixed and dilated, pulse is weak, suspected internal bleeding" the shorter man muttered to the taller man.

"Sir you need to move out the way" the bigger of the two men said.
"He's my brother I can't leave him" Will pleaded.
"Okay then, I'm going to need to ask you some questions. Is that okay?" The paramedic asked. Will nodded in response.
"What's his name?" He asked
"Alex Elmslie" Will replied, watching as the other paramedic cut his brothers clothes off.
"How old is he?" The man asked.
"22" Will stated not tearing his eyes away from Alex.
"Okay he have any allergies or is he on any medications" the man said smiling trying to calm Will.
"No and erm not that I know of" Will explained rubbing his hand against his own chin.

"DAVE HES GOT NO PULSE" the shorter man shouted.
"Start CPR" the man who Will assumed was Dave shouted getting up and going over to where Alex was. Will watched as they tried to resuscitate his brother, he wondered whether it hurt Alex or not. 5 minutes had passed they were still trying to get Alex back and Will had begun to think this was the last time he'd see his brother, he was terrified of a life with out him.

"He's back for now, but we have to move quickly or we're gonna lose him" Dave exclaimed. The two men transferred Alex to the stretcher and beckoned for Will to follow them, he obliged picking up Alex's smashed phone from the ground.
"Mate if your coming with us sit in the front, your brother is hanging on by a thread and Mark needs his room to work" Dave said to Will who nodded getting in the front seat next to Dave.

"I have to call his roommate and my parents oh god" Will gulped holding back tears. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and entered Georges name pressing the call button.
"Hey Will" could be heard from the phone 
"Alex was in an accident it's really bad George, they don't know if he's gonna make it" Will sobbed into the phone. Will heard the phone drop to the floor, he could hear James and who he thought might have been Gee calling Georges name.

"Will? it's Aria tell me what happened" Aria must have picked up the phone Will thought.
"Aria please come to the hospital, it's Alex he's been hurt and it's bad really bad, what if he doesn't make it" Will cried.
"We're coming Will, we're coming, call your parents they need to know" Aria said breathing out sharply.
"Okay" Will muttered ending the call and ringing his parents.

"Mum it's Will, Alex has been in an accident... no Mum it's really bad" he sobbed into the phone as they arrived at the hospital.

~Authors note~
I'm so sorry for this. Please don't hate me...
I can't promise this is gonna get less sad because I refuse to give the plot away.