43. In sickeness

"Georgie baby you have to go" Alex whispered, brushing Georges face.
"No I'm fine I promise" George mumbled going to sit up. George felt the familiar wave of dizziness and nausea washing over him. He scrunched his eyes closed and forced the nausea down. Alex watched as Georges face paled, the man begun to sway again, he pulled George back down so he was laying with his head in his lap.

George felt everything going dark again, he felt himself being pulled to lay down. He waited until everything stopped spinning once again and opened his eyes to see Alex looking down at him.
"You're fine are you babe?" Alex asked, placing his hand on Georges burning forehead. George pouted up at Alex and shook his head lightly.
"Al I think I might be sick" George whispered, letting his head fall to the side.

Alex smiled and rubbed Georges head.
"Yeah I think you might be... Georgie I know you don't want to go but I think you need to go to hospital" Alex concluded.
"Honey your boyfriends right you need to get checked out" the blonde lady remarked as she stuck a needle into Georges arm.
"Okay sweetie I'm gonna give you some painkillers and nausea meds now" the other lady said.

"Alex I don't wanna go back there" George cried, Alex sighed and wiped his tears.
"Baby it's okay, I'm coming with you, I'll be right there" Alex explained, running his hand through Georges hair.
"Okay George you're gonna feel a little sleepy from the medicine hun... once it kicks in we're gonna take you to the hospital" the paramedic explained.

The paramedics helped George onto a stretcher and wheeled him into the ambulance. Alex followed behind them carrying Georges hoodie and his own phone.
He slid into the back of the ambulance sitting in the chair next to George who was only semi-conscious due to the painkillers.

"Why was he so reluctant to go to the hospital? he's clearly in a lot of pain" the paramedic asked as she took Georges temperature. Alex gulped and took a shaky breath casting his eyes to George, who was asleep and looking somewhat peaceful.

"A little over a year ago I got hit by a car and I died twice, once in front of him and I was in a coma for 3 weeks and he spent everyday in the hospital with me. He's never been the same about hospitals since he worries that if we go to one one of us won't leave" Alex sighed grabbing Georges hand, the paramedic nodded sympathetically. He now realised how George must have felt when he was in a coma, seeing the person you love like this was terrifying and Alex just wished he could take his pain away.

They arrived at the hospital and George was quickly taken away, whist Alex was told to wait in the waiting room. He wanted to stay with George but they had told him that Georges condition was to serious and he needed emergency attention. Alex sat staring at his hands nervously tapping his foot, he decided to call Will he needed someone to talk to and he knew he would probably still be awake.

"Hey Alex you alright?" Will asked.
"Erm well no not really... we're um... we're at the hospital" Alex answered biting at his nails.
"Alex why are you at the hospital? What's wrong? Is it George or you?" Will asked his concern increasing.
"It's George he's really ill Will, I found him passed out in the bathroom floor and he can't stop throwing up... Will he's so sick" Alex mumbled.

"Oh god Alex... are you okay do you need me to come?" Will questioned.
"Do you mind? I-I'm scared" Alex whispered.
"Okay Al I'm coming, I'll hop in the car and be there in 5, don't panic okay?" Will said, Alex could hear his friend moving.
"Okay" Alex whispered.

Alex waited in complete silence until Will arrived Gee trailing behind him, Will knelt down wrapping the younger man in a hug.
"Have they told you anything yet?" Will asked.
"No we've only b-been here for 15 minutes but he's... he's g-gonna be s-scared without me" Alex mumbled between sharp breaths.

"He's gonna be fine Al don't worry yourself too much" Will smiled rubbing Alex's back. Alex nodded into wills shoulder.
"Hey Al, Gees here too she saw me leaving and insisted on coming" Will announced as Gee sat in the seat next to Alex.
"Hi Gee" Alex mumbled lifting his head to smile slightly at her.

Will stood up, patting Alex's back, watching as Gee rubbed Alex's arm. Gee held Alex's hand smiling at the ring in the mans finger.
"That ring is even prettier in person" Gee smiled, trying to distract Alex. Will took a seat and got out his phone sending a quick message to Mia explaining why he wasn't in.

An hour later a nurse approached the group, Alex's head shot up and he looked at her with pleading eyes.
"Are you Georges fiancé?" She asked smiling, Alex nodded eagerly.
"Can you come with me please, he wants to see you" she smiled again.
"He- he's okay?" Alex asked, this whole time his brain was running through the worst case scenarios. Pictures of loosing George had plagued his mind this past hour.

"Yes sweetheart he's fine, he's got very bad food poisoning and he's quite dehydrated but he's going to be just fine" the nurse spoke softly. Alex let out a sigh of relief, he heard Gee and Will do the same.
"Thank god for that" Will muttered, Alex nodded in agreement and stood following the nurse down the corridor.

He entered the room to see George laying in a bed in a hospital gown still pale but smiling at him. Alex walked over to the man who was sat with his arms open waiting for Alex to hug him.
"Don't do that to me again" Alex grunted, hugging George.
"Sorry baby I love you" George hummed, letting Alex kiss his cheek.

"Al I only have to stay until all that is gone" George said pointing to the bag of clear fluid that was running into his veins.
"Thank god we're going home tonight" Alex smiled holding Georges hand.
"I'm sorry for scaring you Al, I can see you've been crying" George whispered, stroking Alex's hand. Alex smiled at him and shook his head slightly.

"It's not your fault Georgie, I think I was right to be scared I did find you unconscious on the bathroom floor" Alex laughed lightly, leaning down to kiss Georges lips. An hour later George was allowed to go home under the condition he stay hydrated. Will and Gee drove the two men home helping them into their flat and hugging them goodbye. Alex helped George into their bed, the older man sunk into the bed instantly. Alex pulled out his phone and took a picture of him curled up in the covers.

Alex looked at the picture on his phone and got into the bed next to George allowing the man to rest his head into his chest. He put one hand under Georges shirt and rubbed the mans tender stomach, kissing his head as he fell asleep. Alex opened instagram and put the picture of George on his story to with a story of their eventful day. He triple checked he'd blurred Georges face before putting his phone down and joining George in sleep.

imallexx added to their story:

~Authors note~ I kinda think this book is coming to an end I think it's gonna end up being like 50 chaptersI'm not sure tho soooo

~Authors note~
I kinda think this book is coming to an end I think it's gonna end up being like 50 chapters
I'm not sure tho soooo