21. Dreaming

Alex woke up the next morning feeling the best he had since he'd left the hospital, for once he didn't feel like he was going to be sick, today was going to be a good day. Alex looked to his side to see George laying curled into his side.

"Oh my god" Alex said out loud as lay staring at the ceiling. He remembered he events of last night. 'George is gay... George is in love with me... he loves me back... we kissed again' he thought. Did that actually happen or was he dreaming? Alex continued laying motionless as he tried to wrap his head around everything.

George woke up to see Alex laying next to him flat on his back and unnaturally still, his heart dropped. George shot up kneeling next to Alex and waving his hand in front of the mans face. Alex snapped out of whatever trance he was and shook his head, George let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Alex asked confused as to why George was leaning over him.
"You weren't moving... I was scared... I thought you'd left me" George whispered sitting back on his heels. Alex sat up and looked at George.
"Oh Georgie, I'm not leaving you... you're stuck with me" Alex smiled grabbing Georges hand.
George smiled but stayed silent, he wondered if it would always be this way... would he always be terrified that Alex was going to leave him like he almost had? He thought it was very likely.

"Georgie did I imagine what happened last night? Because it certainly felt like a dream" Alex asked, as he rubbed his thumb along Georges hand. George shook his head a small smile visible on his face.
"No Al it wasn't a dream, it actually happened and it felt right... that wasn't just me was it?" George wondered. Alex took a breath and shook his head.

"No it wasn't just you... it felt m-more than right?" Alex exhaled shakily. George nodded in agreement not sure what this meant for them.
"Alex... what are we?" George questioned.
"Whatever you want Georgie..." Alex whispered, as he looked hopefully at George.
George gulped, he knew what he wanted, he just didn't know how to say it. He couldn't find the words, he wanted Alex... he wanted to be able to hold Alex and not feel strange because that's his best mate... he wanted to hold Alex's hand as they walked down the street and he wanted to kiss him. But every time he tried to speak all that left his mouth was silence.

"It's okay you can tell me anything... what do you want?" Alex whispered placing a reassuring hand on Georges knee.
"I-I want you Alex... I-I want us" George replied looking down at Alex's hand on his knee, he brought his hand to his face and rubbed his eyes. Alex was stunned this had to be a dream... this wasn't actually happening was it... he looked up at George who was nervously rubbing his chin.

"You do?" Alex whispered nervously, pressing his lips together.
"I do... I really fucking do" George sniffed.
Alex begun to smile, he put his hand on George chest and looked him in the eye, now Alex couldn't speak, this was all he's wanted, he wanted to be with George. George begun to grow nervous when Alex didn't say anything back, he thought he'd ruined everything.

"I'm sorry Alex... I-I" George stuttered feeling tears prick in his eyes. Alex moved his hand off of George chest and wound his arms around the mans neck, tucking his face into the crook of his neck.
"Don't apologise" Alex muttered.
"I'm just sorry... I'm ruining everything..." George choked out feeling a tear slip down his cheek. Alex lifted his head from Georges neck and wiped the mans tears away.

"You haven't ruined anything Georgie..." Alex smiled. George look at Alex his confusion visible.
"I haven't?" George questioned.
"No Georgie... you wanna know why... because I want an us too... I want you George" Alex announced, smiling as he wiped Georges face.
"Y-you do... y-you really mean that?" George asked, his heart pounding in his chest.
"More than anything Georgie, I love you more everyday. George I want you to be my boyfriend, will you?" Alex asked.

George nodded and hugged Alex tightly.
"yes... yes... I've wanted this since the morning of the accident and then it happened and I nearly lost you forever... Alex I've never felt like this before" George confessed.
"You're never gonna lose me again, I'm yours forever" Alex said as he leant forward touching his nose to Georges. George giggled and lifted Alex into his lap gently.
"You're the cutest Al" George stated blushing slightly.
"Shut up and kiss me you fool" Alex giggled.

George pecked Alex's lips and pulled back thinking about his next move, he knew he didn't want to stop but he didn't want to hurt Alex. He lifted Alex off of his lap and onto the bed next to him. George pushed Alex gently backwards so he was laying down, his head on the pillows. George heard Alex gasp as he knelt over him with one leg either side of the mans body, George placed his hands either side of Alex's head. Alex gulped as George leant in towards him, George connected their lips once again but this time it was more passionate.

Alex gasped as George pushed his tongue into his mouth. Alex kissed George back smiling into his mouth, George lifted one hand off the bed and touched Alex's chin. He pulled away breathless and smiled at Alex pushing the mans ruffled hair back into place. He then lay down next to Alex holding his hand and rubbing it gently with his thumb.

"Fucking hell Georgie that was amazing" Alex breathed, his cheeks stained pink.
"You think that was good just wait until you don't have two broken legs... would say you'll be able to walk again... but I wouldn't be so sure of that... not if I can help it anyway" George teased, sitting up and kissing Alex's forehead as he stood up from the bed and left to go to the bathroom.

Alex watched as George walked away. Alex was speechless, he didn't realise George could be like that.... 'fucking hell my boyfriends hot' Alex thought smiling at the word boyfriend.

~Authors note~
I can't write kissing scenes or smut for the life of me I just feel uncomfy so sorry that was probably shit
BUT they are finally together... gonna go cry now lmao it took them long enough🙄