17. Nausea

Alex and George had been home for about two hours now, of which most of the time was spent with Alex laying on the sofa with his back against Georges chest. Both of them felt like this was meant to be, but neither wanted to mention it. George couldn't even pluck up the courage to tell his best friend that he was gay let alone tell him he was in love with him.

Currently George was making dinner for both of them, Alex was laying on the sofa watching some strange show he'd found on the TV. George stood in the kitchen debating when was the best time to tell Alex what he needed to know, he decided today was definitely not the day.

George brang Alex's food over to him along with his medication, painkillers and a glass of water.
"Thanks Georgie" Alex smiled swallowing his medicine. George went back to the kitchen to retrieve his food when he came back he sat next to Alex who was staring at the food.

"What's wrong Al?" George asked looking at the man who was growing increasingly pale.
"Feel really sick" Alex gagged as he spoke, holding back vomit as a wave of nausea rushed over him.
"Okay hang on" George said putting his plate down in the coffee table and taking Alex's off of him. He rushed into the kitchen and grabbed an empty bowl. He brung it over to Alex and put it under his chin. Alex looked at George fear visible in his eyes.

"Let it out Al, it'll make you feel better promise" George said rubbing Alex's back.
Alex gagged again and this time he couldn't hold it back, he let out a stream of vomit, the smell of the bowl made him heave again, throwing up everything he'd eaten that day. Alex heaved and gagged until his stomach was empty and it physically hurt him to do so. He leant back into the sofa and wiped his face with his hand, he was exhausted.

George stood up from where he was kneeling on the floor and took the bowl from Alex and washed it out in the sink, trying not to gag at the smell himself. He looked over at Alex the sight of the man pale, sweaty and visibly exhausted saddened him. Hadn't Alex had enough pain already?

George carried the now clean bowl back over to Alex who was now half asleep on the sofa.
"Hey Alex, you want me to take you to bed now, maybe sleeping will make you feel better" George asked softly. Alex nodded slightly too weak to reply.
"Okay come on then" George muttered picking Alex up gently. He carried Alex to his room and sat him down on the bed, George ran his hand through Alex's hair as the younger man leant his head on his torso.

Alex looked down and realised he'd gotten sick on Georges hoodie.
"G-Georgie I got sick on your hoodie" Alex mumbled his eyes filling with tears.
"It's okay Al, let's get this hoodie off of you" George said not caring about the hoodie.
"but it's your favourite" Alex whispered.
"It's fine don't worry, I'll wash it" George assured, lifting the hoodie over Alex's head.

George threw the hoodie onto the floor, and helped Alex to lay down.
"Okay Al you can go to sleep now" George said sitting down on the bed next to him. George placed the empty bowl on the bed beside Alex and ran his hand through the mans hair, knowing all Alex needed now was comfort. George waited in the room until Alex fell asleep, when he did George got up and went back to the living room and finished his food. George decided to put Alex's untouched dinner away in the fridge deciding Alex could probably eat it tomorrow.

George wondered what could have made Alex so ill, he checked the packaging of Alex's painkillers and realised nausea was one of the many side effects. George sighed and filled a glass full of water and took it up to Alex's room, the man was fast asleep. He sat down on the bed next to him and he pulled out his phone, opening it to see some messages from his friends asking about Alex.

The gang:

PapiJames:
Just dropped of Alex and George, so their home now :)

GeeLovesEveryone:
Awww yay that's brilliant

GingerNonce:
Thank god no more hospitals for us

ScottishLad:
Bet George is loving having him home

MiaLuvsWill:
Took Will and George 20 minutes to
unfold a wheelchair... James had to do
it for them in the end... was very funny

KenjisDad:
Kenji can't wait to see Alex and George
again... told him and he woofed

MotherAria:
Awww kenj dog
George mate how's Alex liking being
home? He having a good time?

BigLadMemeulous:
No :( Poor thing is not having a good
time I just made us dinner and he couldn't
eat it because he felt so nauseous, then
he threw up for about fifteen minutes
straight and now he's fast asleep again

PapiJames:
Oh no poor thing
What's made him so sick he's not ill
is he?

BigLadMemeulous:
No he's not ill.. thank god it's a side
effect from the really strong painkillers
he was given

GeeLovesEveryone:
Awww no poor Alex
Give him a hug from us

MotherAria:
Make him drink water even if he throws
it back up, he needs to stay hydrated

BigLadMemeulous:
Yeah I will give him a hug, he's very
cuddly at the moment, it's very cute
I also have water by the bed for him
I just feel bad that the painkillers are
making him ill, he's in so much pain
already and now he's throwing up
Just not fair on him

SquareHead:
Poor lad... he's terrified of throwing up
as well that's no fun

PapiJames:
Don't feel bad George it's not your fault
He's got you looking after him and this
is only temporary, eventually he's gonna
get better and he'll be back to normal

MotherAria:
He's cuddly 🥺
How sweet, bet your enjoying that
George....

BigLadMemeulous:
Of course I enjoy it
He's my best mate and it makes him
feel better he can have as many hugs as
he wants if it just stops him being upset
No other reason...

SquareHead:
No other reason...

ScottishLad:
No other reason at all

GeeLovesEveryone:
Definitely not

GingerNonce:
Your a terrible lier George...

George put his phone down and lay on the bed facing Alex who now had more colour to him and didn't look so horribly ill anymore.
George reached his hand about to touch Alex's face, smiling at him. He thought about how sweet his best friend looked asleep. God he loved Alex.

~Authors note~
I just 🥺
Why do I do this to myself it's like 1am and I wanna cry this is so cute