14. Visiting hours

The group huddled into Alex's room. Will ran straight over to Alex going to throw himself onto Alex for a hug. George began to panic that Will was going to injure him more so he shouted at him.
"WILL STOP you idiot you're gonna hurt him" George screeched. Will looked back and forth between Alex and George nervously.
"Georgie calm down... he didn't mean it" Alex spoke quietly and gestured for Will to hug him. George sat down in the corner looking down at the floor embarrassed by his outburst.

"It's fine Alex's he's exhausted is all and the poor lad worries about you" Will said as he stopped hugging Alex and made room for James. Alex nodded knowing George didn't mean to snap at Will.
"If you weren't already injured I'd slap you for scaring us all so much" James laughed. "I'm only joking man I'm glad your okay we'd be lost without you" James stated truthfully. Alex smiled holding back tears, he hadn't realised how much he meant to people.

"Move out of the way James... Gee Nelly
needs a hug right now" Gee ordered as moved towards the bed.
"Don't do that again, we love you too much" she said pulling a fake angry face and laughing weakly.
"Love you too Gee, can you let go now your squeezing me too tight" Alex breathed sharply. George's head shot up, he surveyed the scene, resisting the urge to shout at Gee.
"Oh sorry Alex" Gee stuttered slightly, feeling bad that she'd hurt him.
"It's okay Gee, I'm literally covered in bruises and everything hurts it's not your fault" Alex explained rubbing Gees arm. She smiled and nodded leaving the beside.

Mia hugged Alex next.
"Will cried don't let him tell you he didn't, he'll pretend it didn't effect him... it did he cried... we all did, especially George" Mia mutter, she added the last part as a hint wanting to help George.
"WillNEs a softie confirmed" Alex laughed lightly. Will rolled his eyes and tutted.

Lewis approached Alex next reaching his hand out for a high five and then leaning forward to hug Alex lightly.
"ImAllexx is baby confirmed... we saw you snuggled into George mate" Lewis said a knowing smile on his face. Alex didn't reply only gulped and took in a shaky breath. Lewis smiled at Alex as he left and Alex smiled back nervously. He looked at George out of the corner of his eye, spotting the man bright red and avoiding eye contact with everyone.

George got up and left the room, muttering something about needing the toilet. Fraser moved over to Alex hugging him.
"As soon as your out of here, I'm bringing Kenji to see you he misses you" Fraser smiled.
"Awww little dude, I miss the little Kenj dog" Alex replied with a smile.

Stephen was up next, he approached Alex.
"I'm glad you woke up, I did not sleep on the floor of Wills living room for three weeks for you to not wake up" Stephen commented laughing.
"Why did you sleep on the floor of Wills living room anyway?" Alex laughed not understanding.
"We all did, we've practically lived there since the accident... it started when George wouldn't leave the hospital, he stayed here for three days straight and then passed out but that's irrelevant.... James had to convince him to sleep so we've all been using Will and Gees as like a base because it's the closest to here" Stephen explain. Alex didn't know what to say about what Stephen had just said, so much happened in that one sentence, so he just nodded at his friend,

Aria came over last smiling with her arms open. She hugged Alex moving so she could whisper into his ear.
"You still like George?" she whispered only audible to Alex. Alex clenched his eyes shut and nodded.
"That's good Alex... trust me" Aria commented. Alex had no idea what she mean and he was too tired to try and understand. At some point George had returned and was now sitting back in the corner, scrolling on his phone.

Alex's family said goodbye and returned to Alex and George's flat. The only people left were George, Will and James. The rest of the group had gone back to Will and Gees to get their stuff as they finally felt they could return to their own homes. George was sitting in his usual seat to the side of Alex's bed and Will and James were sitting opposite George.

"The eboys back together, this time nobody is on the verge of death" Will chuckled trying to be funny. George looked over at Will coldly and burst into tears.
"Not funny" James stated slapping the back of Wills head. Alex spotted George crying and opened his arms towards the man to hug him. George stood up and moved to hug Alex, Alex wrapped his arms around George and rubbed his back.
"Don't cry Georgie, I'm fine... we're fine, it's okay" he whispered as he shot Will an angry look. Will felt guilty for upsetting George.
"Sorry mate that weren't funny" Will nodded sincerely.

The room was silent for a while until the door opened, causing George to pull away from the hug. A nurse nobody recognised entered the room and grabbed Alex's chart.
"Hello lads I'm sorry to say I have to kick you out now but visiting time is over" the nurse smiled.
"Visiting time?" James questioned. "There was no visiting time before..." he added.
"Ahhh well it was different then, he was in a coma the rules are different. The only reason someone can stay now is if they are the patient's significant other" she explained. Will and James nodded.

Alex was panicking he didn't want to be alone in the hospital he wanted George to stay. George was sad he didn't want to have to leave Alex he hadn't been away from him properly for weeks.
"Can George stay he is my boyfriend?" Alex asked grabbing George's hand. George couldn't believe what he had just heard.
"Why of course darling but your friends are going to have to leave now" she said gesturing to Will and James who were sitting stunned at what Alex had just said.
"Yeah we'll see you tomorrow mate" they said as the left murmuring to each other.

The nurse left the room leaving the two men alone once again.
"Sorry for that Georgie, I just don't wanna be alone... you don't have to stay b—" Alex rambled, George looked at him and interrupted him.
"Of course I'll stay Al, I didn't want to leave anyway... I'd rather be with you" George explained whispering the last part and yawning as he finished it.

"You tired?" Alex asked him.
"I'm fine Alex" George replied rubbing his eyes slightly.
"Don't lie to me Georgie I know you haven't been sleeping Stephen told me" Alex interjected. George scowled slightly embarrassed by what Stephen could have told Alex.
"Come here" Alex said shuffling over slightly in the bed and patting it. George understood and sat on the bed next to Alex.

He realised just how tired he was and lay his head on Alex's shoulder. Alex rubbed George's arm gently, making the mans skin tingle.
George couldn't fight it anymore the weeks of not sleeping and just having Alex next to him meant he fell into a comfortable sleep quickly.
Alex noticed this and smiled, George looked adorable when he was asleep.

"Good night Georgie, I love you" Alex whispered as he too fell asleep.

~Authors note~
Awwwww protective Georgie🥺
When they both love each but just don't know the feeling is mutual...🥲😫