5. The morning after

George was fumbling around with the key to their flat as Alex slid down the wall. For both of them everything was spinning, they were beyond drunk. When George finally got the door to unlock he grabbed Alex's hand pulling him up and dragging him into the flat.

They stumbled hand in hand into the flat, kicking of their shoes as they went. They only made it as far as the living room before George collapsed onto the sofa in a drunken haze, Alex fell on top of him passing out instantly.

When Alex woke his phone was ringing and his head was spinning. He opened his eyes to look for his phone and that's when he realised he was laying on top of George.
"Alex stop that noise, I feel sick" George mumbled covering his eyes.
"Yeah sorry" Alex said getting up and sitting on the floor next to George. He fished his phone out of his back pocket and saw it was his younger brother calling.

"Hey Will, you okay mate?" Alex answered leaning his head against the sofa.
"Yeah Alex, I have a day off wanna meet me for lunch? I miss you" Alex's brother asked.
"Yeah sure, give me an hour I just woke up, we went out last night and my head is spinning" Alex laughed as George buried his face into a pillow.
"Yeah sure, can we go to that new café I was telling you about?" The younger Elmslie asked.
"Yeah mate I'll see you in an hour. Love you bro" Alex ended the call and stood up grabbing the sofa arm as he did so.

George didn't want to get up and he didn't want to open his eyes because the daylight made him feel sick. He lay on the sofa listening to Alex talk to his brother, he heard Alex stand up and walk into the kitchen. That's when all the memories of last night came flooding back. He kissed Alex. He kissed Alex.

"FUCKKKKK" George groaned remembering in perfect detail how he had kissed Alex and how he had enjoyed it.
"You okay mate, headache that bad?" Alex said as he placed a glass of water and a paracetamol next to George.
"Something like that" George whispered sitting up.
"I'm going out with Will in an hour so I better go get ready" Alex smiled patting Georges back as he left.

Alex went into the bathroom, deciding he definitely need a shower as he didn't want to meet his younger brother smelling like he'd just swam in a bottle of vodka. He stripped off his clothes and threw them in a pile on the floor, he stepped into the shower letting the warm water run over his body. He looked down and saw a bruise forming on his hip. What had happened last night? He racked his brain trying to remember the night. He was dancing... He was dancing with George... George was holding his hip, hence the bruise.
Oh god GEORGE KISSED HIM. He and George kissed last night. Holy shit.

Alex felt light headed as the memory spun around in his head. He kissed his best mate, NO. His best mate kissed him. Alex stumbled out of the shower his head felt cloudy he didn't know what to do, he needed to talk to someone. He was meeting his brother soon, he'd talk to him. Yeah he'd talk to Will.

George got up off the sofa, he walked towards his room slowly he could hear the shower running meaning Alex was getting ready to leave. He entered his room and slumped onto the bed. Memories of the kiss spun around his brain... why did he enjoy it? Why did he enjoy kissing his best mate? He needed to talk to someone he needed help figuring this out. James and Aria... they were who he needed to talk to...

James:

George:
Can I come round today I need advice
from you and Aria

James:
Of course mate Gees here too
Will forget to take her home he was so
busy with Mia

George:
Poor Gee left behind again😂
That's fine I could do with a Gee Nelly
hug right about now anyway

James:
Your problems that big. Damn.
Yeah come round whenever your ready

George:
Okay I'll be round after I've had a shower
See you then

George heard Alex's door shut meaning he was done in the bathroom. George went to shower, his head was still filled with thoughts of Alex. George was becoming increasingly more aware that he liked Alex as more than a friend, that idea scared him a lot, he thought he was straight... but then there was Alex...

George got out the shower and went to his room to get dressed. He threw on whatever he could find and rushed to find some shoes, he really needed to talk to James.
"Alex I'm going to James and Arias, tell Will I say hi" He called out slamming the front door behind him.

~Authors note~
That was a bit shorter, but I promise it's gonna get really interesting soon😳
Sorry in advance