35. Lego and love

Alex's birthday was fast approaching and George thought he might have just found the perfect present for him. He knew Alex would love it but he needed someone to tell him it was good enough, he really wanted Alex's birthday to be special this year. The anniversary of the accident was fast approaching and he wanted to distract not only Alex but himself.

Gee:

George:
Gee can I have your opinion on
something please!

Gee:
Of course

George:
I think I just found Alex's birthday
present but I'm not sure
Can I show you?

Gee:
Yeah send me a picture
I'm sure he'll love anything you get
him though George

George:
Okay so it's a pair of necklaces
One for him and one for me

 Gee:Aww that is so sweet He's gonna love it He loves you and Lego it's perfect It's like a little piece of your heart

Gee:
Aww that is so sweet
He's gonna love it
He loves you and Lego it's perfect
It's like a little piece of your heart

George:
Yeah it is like a little piece of my heart
not that it matter he already has my
whole heart 🥺💕

Gee:
Awww George you two are so cute
Are we having a party like yours for
his birthday?

George:
Nah he doesn't want one
He said he wants to stay in with me
and his wish is my command
He's a bit emotional about his birthday
with ya know the near death experience

Gee:
Ah yeah totally get that
I'm sure you're gonna make it special
for him anyway
Love you guys have good day

George:
Yeah I'm gonna make it special for him
Love you too Nelly

George ordered the necklaces and they arrived two days later just in time for Alex's 23rd birthday the next day. George wrapped them as neatly as he could and hid them underneath his clothes in the draws.

On the morning of Alex's birthday George woke up with Alex laying on his chest his head resting on his shoulder. George rubbed his hands up and down Alex's bare back underneath his T-shirt and kissed his forehead, he slid the younger man onto the bed next to him and ruffled his hair slightly. Alex remained asleep as George slipped out of the room, turning to smile at him as he headed towards the kitchen.

George was making pancakes for Alex, just like Alex had for him on his birthday. George smiled as he mixed the batter, thinking about how happy Alex made him and how perfect his boyfriend was. George thought about how he had never been so glad he'd met someone as he was that he had met Alex. Alex completed him fully, he filled a hole in Georges heart he didn't even know he had.

George cut Alex's pancakes into the shape of the number 23 and decorated them with heart shaped strawberries and icing sugar. He carried the tray into the bedroom and placed it  down on the bed as he sat next to Alex. He leant forward and rubbed his hand gently up and down Alex's back, shaking him lightly. Alex wriggled and lifted his head out of the pillow slightly and turned his head to face George.

"Happy birthday sunshine" George smiled, lightly brushing his hand across Alex's face.
Alex opened his eyes and turned onto his side to face George, smiling at the older man.
"Hey Georgie" Alex whispered, rubbing his face with his hand.
"Happy birthday bubba" George smiled, opening his arms to Alex, who sat up and hugged him.

"I'm 23 now" Alex realised. George hummed and kissed Alex's forehead.
"You are indeed" George laughed.
"Almost didn't make it this far" Alex said exhaling deeply, obviously referencing the accident that had happened 11 months prior. George felt a stab in his chest, he sniffed slightly and pulled Alex close to him, drawing patterns onto the mans back.

"Well you did and that's all that matters and now not only do I have my best friend here with me but I have him as my beautiful boyfriend too" George smiled pressing his lips to Alex's for a moment. He pulled away and rubbed Alex's shoulders, he then lifted the tray onto Alex's lap and grinned at the man.

"Awww Georgie this is so sweet" Alex exclaimed.
"Well you said you didn't want a party so I thought I would make today special" George admitted.
"Every day I spend with you is special Georgie" Alex replied making George blush. George gave Alex a side hug and kissed his temple.
"Now eat your food and stop making me blush cutie, I wanna give you your present" George laughed.

Alex finished his breakfast, but not before feeding half off it to George. When he was done George took the tray away and handed him a box.
"I told you not to get me anything" Alex whined.
"No actually you told me you didn't want anything that's different" George smirked cheekily at Alex.
"Plus did you really think I wouldn't buy my adorable boyfriend a birthday present"

Alex smiled and began unwrapping the box. He opened it to reveal two necklaces that had black pieces of Lego attached.
"Georgie did you buy us matching necklaces?" Alex asked as he picked one of them up.
"No bubba I bought us a set of necklaces look" George said as he picked up both parts of the necklace and clicked the two together, revealing a heart shape.

Alex looked at the necklace and gasped, he then looked at George. George saw tears forming in Alex's eyes and engulfed the younger man in a hug.
"Awww baby don't cry" George rubbed his hand over Alex's back as he held him
"I-I Georgie I love it so much thank you" Alex said from George's chest.

"It's a little piece of my heart Al" George smiled rubbing the mans back.
"Awww that's so sweet... can you put it on for me please" Alex sniffed.
"Of course I can" George replied taking one of the necklaces from the box and placing it around Alex's neck, kissing the back of his head as he did up the clasp. Alex returned the gesture and put George's half of the necklace on for him.
"See babe now we can always be with each other in part, even when we can't" George stated as he rubbed his thumb across Alex's thigh.

They spent the rest of the day curled up together watching movies chosen by Alex. George had never been happier than this, than with Alex and Alex knew that Georges was his happily ever after. George definitely wanted this forever, he wanted to spend the rest of his days with Alex. Maybe he could marry him, George hoped Alex would like that as much as he would.

~Authors note~
The Lego necklace 😫😭
They are peak won't lie 10/10 would recommend