25. Freedom

The day had finally come Alex was getting the casts off today, he couldn't wait and neither could George. Currently Alex was sitting on the sofa waiting for George to bring him a hoodie, George reentered the room carrying a white hoodie and smiled at Alex.
"Arms up cutie" George said sitting next to Alex on the sofa.
Alex lifted his arms up and George slipped the hoodie over Alex's head.
"Thank you bub" Alex smiled lightly kissing Georges lips.

George ruffled Alex's hair and stood up walking over to Alex's wheelchair and unfolding it. He lifted Alex and placed him down in the chair.
"Okay we got everything?" George asked counting the items in this pocket.
"I think so Georgie" Alex smiled.
"Okay then let's go" George said handing Alex his phone. The two left their flat and headed to the local hospital.

When the Uber arrived George lifted Alex out of the car and pushed him towards the hospital. As they reached the entrance to the hospital George froze unable to move forward.
"George are you okay?" Alex asked turning around to look at this boyfriend. George gulped and exhaled shakily, Alex rubbed Georges hand.
"It's okay we're leaving today, we're not staying, we're coming home. Promise." Alex comforted understanding his boyfriends hesitation. George nodded and pushed Alex into the hospital.

The two found the correct place and sat in the waiting room, George clutching Alex's hand. George looked more nervous than Alex felt. Alex leant over and hugged his boyfriend.
"It's okay I promise" Alex whispered.
"I'm sorry I just don't like it here, just has bad memories" George sighed.
"I know babe I know" Alex smiled, George smiled back and kissed Alex's forehead.

"Alex Elmslie" a nurse called out. George stood up and pushed Alex toward the room, where a doctor was sitting waiting for them.
"Hello Alex, so we're removing your casts today" the doctor said shaking Alex's hand.
"Yes please" Alex smiled.
"Ah okay so you're gonna need to hope up on this table for me" the doctor requested. Alex looked at George and smiled, who understood what he was asking and lifted him onto the bed.

"Thank you Georgie" Alex smiled. George rubbed Alex's back and sat on the chair next to the bed.
"Okay Alex I'm going to get out the cast saw" the doctor stated, Alex's eyes widened and he grabbed Georges hand. George rubbed his thumb across his hand and squeezed it.
The doctor brought the saw to Alex's left cast and begun to cut down it, Alex turned his head to look at George and closed his eyes.

"Okay Alex that's the left one almost done" the doctor informed them. Alex nodded in response, gripping Georges hand tighter. Alex felt a breeze on his leg, he looked over at his leg to see it was now cast free.
"Oh look George I still have a leg" Alex laughed. George looked over and raised his eyebrow and Alex.
"So you do" George smiled.

"Okay Alex we're going to take the other one off and then we're going to discuss what happens next" the doctor said. Alex nodded in reply and closed his eyes blocking out the sound of the saw. George cringed at the grinding noise of the saw, he brought Alex's hand to his lips and kissed it.
"I love you" George whispered.

"Okay then lads, we have two uncasted legs" the doctor said putting the casts in the bin.
"Yay freedom at last" Alex grinned wiggling his legs. George smiled at Alex he was so adorable, George was holding back tears again, he was so happy life was going back to normal.
"Are you about to cry Georgie?" Alex asked ruffling Georges dirty blonde hair. George coughed and cleared his throat.
"No I'm not... I'm a big muscle man... I don't cry" George laughed, wiping his eyes.
"hmmm you big softie" Alex teased, running his hand down Georges jawline.

"Okay Alex so the casts are off now, but you need to be careful for the next few weeks and you need to do some exercises everyday to build up your muscles again" the doctor explained, typing information into his computer.
"Also walking is going to be difficult for you for a while and it may be quite painful, we're going to give you some crutches and you can keep the wheelchair. I'm sure you're going to be just fine, you've got a lovely boyfriend to take care of you" the doctor smiled at the two and shook their hands telling them that they can leave.

"Alex we forgot to bring you shoes..." George realised as he helped Alex to swing his legs over the edge if the table.
"Oh we did forget something then" Alex laughed leaning into George.
"Right come in you let get out of here" George exclaimed, expecting Alex to stand up.
"George I'm too scared to stand up" Alex admitted. George nodded understanding why Alex was so reluctant to stand.

George lifted Alex into the wheelchair and handed him the crutches.
"Right babe we're out of here and we're actually not coming back" George said pushing Alex out of the room. Alex took a picture of himself as they advanced down the corridor, updating his Instagram for the first time since his accident.

imallexx added to their story:

~Authors note~No more casts for AlexGeorgie has a fear of hospitals now

~Authors note~
No more casts for Alex
Georgie has a fear of hospitals now....
Can you blame him? Not really