12. Miracles do happen

Everyone was sitting in Will and Gees living room processing what Alex's parents had just told them. The room was quiet and filled with sniffling people, the occasional sob could be heard along with a murmured attempt at comfort. Non of them wanted Alex to leave, he meant so much to all of them, this was quite possibly the worst thing to ever happen to them.

Arias phone started ringing everyone looked up, she grabbed her phone seeing it was George calling her, this conversation was not going to be fun.
"It's George" she muttered to James who was sitting next to her. James nodded wrapping his arms around her, understanding that this call was not going to be nice for her. She answered the phone.

"Hey George... I'm so sorry this is happening to us, we're coming soon I promise" Aria sighed.
"ARIA HES AWAKE" George shouted, Aria was stunned, she couldn't believe it.
"W-what did you just say?" she questioned, everyone turned to look at her.
"Aria he woke up, he squeezed my hand and opened his eyes.... now he's sitting up and he's talking... he's alive Aria... he's going to be okay" George rambled.
"George are you joking? Your not lying?" Aria begun to smile, what George said was beginning to register in her brain.

Everyone saw Aria smiling and sat up hope suddenly rushing in to their brains.
"No Aria I'm not joking... I've spoken to him, he touched my face he said my name..." Aria could hear Georges voice quivering indicating he was going to cry again.
"oh- my- god" Aria whispered.
"OH MY FUCKING GOD" she was shouting now and standing up on the sofa. Everyone looked at Aria confused about what was so clearly exciting.
"George I've got to go see you soon" Aria ended the call and dropped her phone on to the sofa, she stood stunned in silence for a moment.

Everyone was asking Aria what had happened. She let a smile spread across her face.
"It's a miracle... your not gonna believe this... but Alex is awake....." Aria began, sitting back down next to James. A series of gasps echoed around the room.
"He squeezed Georges hand... he opened his eyes and now HES TALKING... HES AWAKE... HES OKAY" Aria finished shouting the last part of the sentence.

"No fucking way" Will commented.
"Are you having a laugh..." Stephen added.
Aria shook her head smiling.
"Babe this is amazing" Mia said throwing herself at Will, who picked her up and spun her around.
"This is insane" Fraser whispered. James was shocked into complete silence. Gee looked as though she was about to faint and she was gripping Lewis hand to a point it was almost white.
"Gee are you okay lass?" Lewis asked concerned Gee was actually about to pass out.
"Yeah I'm... it's just... wow" she was practically speechless, Lewis just smiled and hugged her.

Alex's parents we're calling the hospital as the group chatted among themselves celebrating the news. The hospital confirmed what the George had told them. Alex's Mum broke down in tears holding on to her husband, her oldest son was going to be okay, she was still going to be a mother of two. Alex's brother was backed against a wall, he slid down the wall sitting on the floor, suddenly he couldn't breathe, he had really thought his brother was leaving him, all that was spinning round his brain was the image of his brother dying in the road.

After everyone calmed down and took enough time to comprehend what was going on the group of ten made their way to the hospital to see Alex awake for the first time in 3 weeks.
They decided to let Alex's parents and brother see him first, the rest of the group would pop into the room quickly for reassurance and then wait in the corridor for their turn to see him properly.

"Georgie sit on the bed with me?... everything hurts" Alex whimpered.
"Of course, please tell me if I'm hurting you though" George said gently sliding onto the bed next to Alex, wrapping his arm around the mans shoulder. Alex lent into George and rested his head on his chest.
"I'm tired" Alex sighed
"You've been asleep for three weeks" George laughed, Alex groaned smiling into George chest.
"I'm only joking, you can sleep, I'll be here when you wake up" George assured.
"I promise to wake up this time" Alex laughed.
"Alex... that wasn't funny... at least you still have the same shit sense of humour" George exclaimed rubbing Alex's shoulder tenderly.
"Sorry Georgie couldn't resist" Alex sighed smiling, George hummed in response.

Alex fell asleep not long after, George didn't want to move incase it caused Alex pain, so he decided he would lay there until Alex needed to wake up. Not that he minded though, because he'd do anything for Alex. Over these past three weeks he had realised how deeply in love with Alex he was. The more he thought about it, the more aware he became that he had liked Alex as more than just his best friend for a long time, he just wasn't ready to accept it then.

Thirty minutes later Alex was still asleep  George could hear his friends and Alex's family walking down the corridor, he smiled happy in the knowledge that they all get to see Alex awake again. He inhaled as he played with Alex's hair with his hand, he was glad life was going back to normal... he had no idea what he would have done with out Alex.

~Authors note~
Awwwww Alex and George moments🥺
Alex is actually awake and it wasn't all in Georges head..
How is everyone else going to react....