23. Obvious

Currently Alex was fast asleep on the sofa and George was tidying the flat in preparation for their friends to arrive. He picked up a pink blanket from the floor and lay it over Alex, tucking him in and kissing his forehead. George thought Alex could stay asleep for as long as he wanted, it didn't matter if their friends were here or not, he just wanted him to rest as much as possible.

George was nervous for their friends to arrive because he and Alex had decided to just act more like a couple instead of straight up telling them. He sat on the other sofa and took a deep breathe telling himself everything was going to be okay. It was going to be okay George was just anxious, he'd be fine when Alex was awake.

Georges thoughts were interrupted by the door bell ringing, he stood up and looked over at Alex who was still fast asleep. He got up and opened the door to see James and Aria standing outside waiting.
"Hey guys" he smiled greeting them quietly.
"Hi George, where is he then?" Aria asked stepping into the flat with James following her.
"He's on the sofa, but he's asleep don't wake him up yet" George told them.
"Oh okay... aww look at him" James whispered as he walked into the living room.
"Yeah he's pretty adorable" George said smiling as he looked over at Alex.

Aria watched as George visibly fonded over Alex right in front of them and then sat down on the floor next to Alex, even though there was another empty sofa to sit on. Aria and James sat on the sofa opposite Alex, they chatted as Aria pulled out her phone and texted James.

James🥺💕:

Aria🥺💕:
Georges face...
Are you seeing it?

James🥺💕:
Oh I'm seeing it
The smile on his face when he talks
about him
Very sweet... they would be a very
cute couple they love each other its
very obvious

James smiled at Aria, who nodded and looked at George. They heard the door bell ring and George went to stand up, James waved George back to sitting and grabbed Arias hand.
"It's fine we will get it" James said dragging Aria to the front door.
"So cute" James whispered looking back at George who was looking at Alex. Aria smiled and opened the door seeing the other six members of their group.

George watched as Aria and James went to answer the door to the rest of their friends. George stood up and lifted Alex's body up, sliding onto the sofa behind him, he rested Alex's head against his chest being careful to not hurt his legs or wake him up. George felt calmer now he was holding Alex, he knew everyone was about to enter the room but he didn't care. He kissed the back of Alex's head and rubbed his arm.

George could hear everyone talking in the distance Will entered the room and pulled a confused face pointing in between the two men, when he saw Alex asleep on George, George shrugged in response. Mia and Gee followed him in the room looking confused but ignoring the position of the two men entirely.

Stephen and Lewis followed next throwing themselves onto the beanbags. Lewis looked over at Alex and his mouth dropped open.
"ImAllexx is baby confirmed" he laughed. George chuckled and put his hand on Alex's stomach. Stephen looked at the two quizzically thinking they were suspiciously close for two guys who were supposedly just best mates.

Next came Fraser carrying Kenji who had started making excited whining noises when he saw everyone in the room. Fraser sat down on the sofa holding Kenji on his lap. James and Aria re-entered the room shocked at Georges new position.
"He wasn't like that a minute ago" Aria whispered to James. James looked at her wide eyed and shrugged, something was going on here.

The group were chatting amongst themselves, as Alex slept, they were asking George questions about the past few weeks and how the the two of them had been. Kenji started barking at something he'd spotted out the window, Georges eyes widened knowing Alex was definitely going to wake up now. George wrapped his arms around Alex's waist as the younger man begun to stir, their friends watched how the two men interacted in complete silence.

"Mmmm hi Georgie?" Alex mumbled, rubbing his closed eyes with with hands yawning.
"Hey sleepy head" Georgie whispered.
"Is that Kenji?" Alex asked his eyes still closed.
"Yeah everyone is here now" George said letting go of Alex's waist. Alex opened his eyes to see all his friends sprawled around his living room.
"Hey guys. George help me sit up, I'm stuck" Alex smiled at everyone laughing as he tried to sit up, everyone smiled back Alex

George pushed Alex up so he was sitting up properly, he then pulled him backwards so he was sitting in between his legs.
"Thank you" Alex smiled rubbing Georges knee. George didn't reply, instead he wound his arms back around Alex's waist and rested his head on his shoulder. Alex smiled knowing exactly what George was up to, he was trying to show they were a couple with out making it obvious.

"Kenji, come here I missed you" Alex called, Kenji ran over and sat by the sofa looking up at Alex and George.
"Hello Kenj dog" George smiled still in the same position as before. Alex lent over and picked up Kenji placing him on his lap. Kenji put his paws on Alex's chest and licked the mans face.
"Kenji does George not get kisses?" Alex asked the dog who seemed to understand and licked Georges face. All of the group cooed at Kenji's behaviour, praising the small dog who lapped up the attention.

"They're not the kisses I want" George whispered into Alex's ear now the attention was not on them and was on Kenji who was running around. Alex's cheeks heated up and he felt George nuzzle his face into his neck and kiss it.
"Kiss me properly then you adorable idiot" Alex whispered in response.

George smiled into Alex's neck and lifted his head off of Alex shoulder. He unwound his arms from Alex's waist and pulled Alex's face gently towards his own, kissing his lips lovingly.
"That's the kiss I wanted" George uttered, kissing Alex's cheek and returning to his previous position with his hands in Alex's waist.

The two realised the room was silent and looked over at their friends, who were all sat with a mixed expression of confusion and shock.
"What? Am I not allowed to kiss my boyfriend in front of you lot?" George asked smugly, Alex giggled and smirked at the group.

~Authors note~
Everyone knows....
How they gonna react....👀