9. Waiting on him

It had been three days since the accident, George had been sat by Alex's bedside the whole time clutching his hand. George hadn't eaten anything the whole time because they couldn't eat in the ICU room only drink water, and he refused to leave Alex's side. He hadn't slept either because he thought if he did he'd miss something, he thought he'd miss Alex waking up and coming back to him.

Their friends were getting increasingly worried about George the man had been sat in the same seat for three whole days not moving once. They tried to talk to him but he didn't answer he was fixated on Alex. Their group changed who would sit with George and Alex every few hours as they didn't want George to be alone.

Right now everyone except, Stephen and Lewis were at the hospital, they were out feeding Kenji and Otto and collecting lunch for everyone. Alex's parents had arrived yesterday, they had been staying at George and Alex's flat with their younger son.

James and Will were sitting on the opposite side of the room to George watching him as he struggled to stay awake.
"He's got to pass out soon it's been three days he can't possibly stay awake much longer" Will stated his voice laced with worry.
"Hmmm yeah I'll give him another hour until he's out cold" James agreed they looked over at George to see the man slumped over in his chair, head resting on Alex's bed.

"Oh maybe make that now" James said standing up to pick up George.
"He needs rest or he's gonna be ill" Gee said entering the room to see George passed out in James arms.
"Yeah, take him back to me and Gees put him in my bed, then get him to eat when he wakes up" Will suggested. James nodded in agreement.
"That's a good idea I'll come with you and let you in" Gee said following James and Aria as they left.

Gee let everyone into to the flat and James carried George to Wills bed hoping he would sleep for a decent amount of time. James opened Wills wardrobe looking for some clean clothes for George to wear. Deciding he was going to force the man shower and eat something before he let him return to the hospital.

James sat on the sofa hugging Aria who had finally broke and was sobbing into Gees shoulder.
"What's if he doesn't make it" Aria asked. James shuddered not even wanting to think about that as a possibility.
"I don't know, let's just stay positive" he said kissing Arias head and smiling weakly at Gee who was wiping Arias tears away with her sleeve.

Back at the hospital Will had took Georges seat next to Alex's bedside and was holding his hand.
"Alex mate I don't know if you can hear me, but please mate please try to come back, we need you, George needs you" Will said to his friend. At some point Mia and Fraser had entered the room, Mia took a seat next to Will and lay her head on his shoulder. Fraser sat in the chair in the corner, scrolling on his phone, trying to block out the overwhelming sadness he felt.

"Will people keep tweeting asking where we all are... we kinda dropped of the face of the earth" Mia said quietly.
"Oh I forgot about that" Will sighed.
"I think we should release like a statement or something" Mia suggested looking at Will.
"Yeah ask everyone else first" Will sighed looking at Alex's face. Mia only nodded and got out her phone.

The gang:

MiaLuvsWill:
Guys people are asking where we are...
I think we should release a statement,
like vaguely explaining why were are all
taking a break and to ask for prayers

ScottishLad:
Yeah sounds like a good idea

GingerNonce:
yeah fine by me

PapiJames:
Yeah get Will to tweet something he
has the most followers

MotherAria:
Yeah people need to know so they
can understand where we went

GeeLovesEveryone:
Yeah just do it sensitively because
it's a sad subject and his family
will probably see the tweet

MiaLuvsWill:
Yeah okay I'll do that now

Mia took a picture of Alex's hand in Wills and tweeted it out from Wills account with a caption explaining what had happened. She put her phone away and sighed. Looking over at Alex praying that he was going to be okay.

@willne
Hello Everyone this is Mia,
Prayers and well wishes are needed for Alex please. Earlier this week he was involved in a road traffic accident. He has been in a coma ever since. We just wanted to tell you all, we will be taking a break from the internet until Alex recovers. We will try to keep you updated. But this is obviously a very difficult time for us all. Thank you Will, George, James, Mia, Gee, Aria, Stephen, Fraser and Lewis xxx

 Thank you Will, George, James, Mia, Gee, Aria, Stephen, Fraser and Lewis xxx

~Authors note~
Don't hate me for this I'm sorry 😔