33. Surprise party

Gee, Mia and Aria had decorated Alex and Georges flat exactly how Alex had requested. They had now also let all their friends into the flat, all of which were hiding behind something waiting with the lights switched off for Alex and George to arrive home

Alex and George were walking hand in hand down the street returning home after their day out. George kissed Alex's cheek as they walked making the younger man blush.
"Thank you baby this has been the best birthday ever" George smiled, swinging him and Alex's interlocked hands.
"All we've done is walk around London" Alex mentioned.
"Yeah but I spent it with you and that makes it the best one yet" George said as he turned, grabbing Alex and lifting him of the ground, spinning him around.

Alex squealed feeling his feet leave the ground.
"Ahhhhh Georgie put me down" Alex squealed, his smile bright and genuine. George smiled admiring his petite boyfriend.
"Sorry you're just too cute" George stated placing Alex back on the ground and kissing his lips. Alex hummed and pulled George into their building towards the lift.

Alex pulled his phone out and sent Gee a quick message that simply read 'lift'. He slipped his phone back into his pocket and grabbed Georges hand again, they left the lift and headed towards their flat door. George unlocked the door and went to switch the lights on when Alex covered his eyes with his hands.

"Al what are you doing?" George asked, not being able to see Aria sneak around them toward the light switch.
"One last surprise" Alex smiled, guiding George toward the living room. Alex smirked seeing everyone hiding.
"Alex what's going on?" George questioned, putting his hands out in front of him.

Alex nodded at Aria who turned the slight on, he removed his hands from Georges face.
"SURPRISE" could be heard from everyone in the room. George scanned the room still visibly confused. He looked around and saw their flat was decorated with rainbow balloons and streamers as well as a birthday banner no doubt made by Gee and Mia. He looked at Alex who was beaming at him, he placed his hand on Alex's back still in shock.

"Alex... you didn't" George whispered.
"I did... happy birthday my love" Alex smiled, placing a hand on the mans chest and leaning up to join their lips.
"You didn't have to do this" George spoke directly to his boyfriend, his tone soft.
"Yes I did, you are the most amazing person I've ever met and you deserve this more that anyone I know" Alex said truthfully. George pulled Alex in for a hug holding him tight.

"Right then... LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED" Will shouted making George jump, he had forgotten his friends were in the room. Will clicked play on his phone, causing the room to be filled with loud music. Stephen began to chuck cold beer bottles at everyone, encouraging them to drink. George caught one opening it and handing it to Alex, who smiled and took it off of him.

"Come on you let's have some fun" Alex said pulling George over to where their friends were dancing. George held Alex's hip smiling at him. This felt very familiar to George his mind flashed back to that night, that very hazy but memorable night. He smiled knowing that night was so important to them, to him and Alex it was important to their story. Alex was watching as Georges smiled staring at him, he looked deep in thought, Alex wondered what was going on in that beautiful mind.

Alex wrapped his arms around Georges neck and rested his head on his shoulder, causing. George to wrap his arms around Alex's small waist.
"What you thinking about?" Alex whispered into Georges ear. George cleared his throat and rubbed Alex's lower back.
"You... me...us..." George muttered.
"Oh yeah really?" Alex breathed.
"Yeah this just reminded me of that night in the club... was just thinking bout how that's a part of our story forever... just like right now is part of it... it's not the beginning and it definitely not the end... Alex I wanna spend the rest of my life with you... I want our story to continue for the rest of my life" George smiled feeling tears prick in his eyes.

Alex was silent, he didn't realise how romantic George could be.
"Georgie I want that too... I didn't know you were such a romantic" Alex hummed, kissing Georges neck.
"Only for you Al, only for you" George smiled.
Alex closed his eyes and allowed George to hold him impossibly close and sway the both of them to the music.

The night continued and everyone got drunker, people were slowly stumbling out of the flat heading to their own homes. Eventually everyone left Alex and Georges at some point after midnight. Well except from Gee who had passed out on the sofa hours ago, once again having been left behind by Will and Mia. Alex and George hand ended the night naked and tangled amongst their messy bedsheets, their legs intertwined and Alex's head on Georges bare chest. Georges let out a sigh and closed his eyes.
"Well I think that may have been the best birthday ever" George smiled making Alex hum and squeeze his hand.

~Authors note~
Awww poor Gee Nelly keeps getting left behind :(
I think I would kill someone if they threw me a suppose party... I would hate that (definitely not a note for my best friend who I know reads this.... bitch NEVER throw me a surprise party)