39. I love you

George woke up with Alex laying on top of him his head resting on his shoulder, he grabbed his phone and checked the date. It was April 2nd, his and Alex's 1st anniversary, George felt his stomach flutter today was the day, he was going to propose. He exhaled deeply trying to calm his nerves he didn't want to give away the plan, he needed Alex to suspect nothing.

Alex shuffled his weight and rolled off of Georges chest, instead laying next to him and curling into his side. George wrapped his arm around Alex's body and rubbed his lower back, kissing his forehead. Alex opened his eyes to see George smiling sleepily at him, he lifted his hand to run it through Georges messy hair.

"Good morning sunshine, Happy Anniversary my love" George whispered, smiling lazily at Alex.
"Happy anniversary baby, I love you" Alex grinned, pecking Georges lips.
"1 whole year of us baby" George hummed brushing Alex's fringe with his finger.
"Many more to go Georgie" Alex breathed. Georges pursed his lips, feeling butterflies in his stomach knowing his plans for that evening.

"Of course baby" George spoke softly. He grabbed his phone off of the side table and read the time aloud.
"It's 1:32pm Al... wanna order room service?" George asked. Alex nodded and yawned.
"Yeah... what have you got planned for today then?" Alex smiled innocently. George gulped he hadn't planned for Alex to ask him this.

"Erm thought we could take a walk around the city at like 5 and watch the sunset? We didn't see much the other day because of your knee" George said, uncertain if he had sounded believable or not.
"Sounds lovely babe, my knee is all better now, I told you it was only a graze" Alex said sitting up it the bed, leaning against the headboard.

"Lemme see then" Georges said sitting up and pulling the covers back. He looked at Alex's leg and pulled of the plaster making the man yelp.
"Sorry cutie... yeah that's fine now... I think you'll survive" George laughed, patting Alex's thigh and smiling. Alex rolled his eyes sarcastically, he secretly loved that George cared for him so much, it made him feel so loved and wanted.

They ordered breakfast food to their room and ate it together on the balcony that overlooked a cute little Italian street.
"I'm going to have to pop down and see Charlie before we leave, I don't want to leave the cameras in our room when we're not here" George mentioned, scratching his chin nervously. Alex nodded and brought a strawberry to Georges lips, the older man bit it in half and blew a kiss to Alex.

Later on the two showered and we're getting ready, George was growing increasingly nervous. George put on a pair of black skinny Jeans and a black shirt leaving the top two buttons undone. He slid his rings on and put his half of the Lego necklace back on. Alex also put on black skinny Jeans but he instead put on a white collared Gucci shirt. Alex was tying up his shoes as George grabbed the camera.

"Right babe I'm gonna run this down to Charlie, be back for you in a minute" Georges said as he kissed Alex's forehead and left the room. He walked quickly down the corridor to Charlie's door and knocked rapidly, shifting on his feet as he waited. Charlie opened to door and smiled, nodding and walking into his too
room and returning with the ring.

"Thanks for looking after it mate" George said taking it from Charlie and opening the box. George took a deep breath and bit his lip closing the box. George felt Charlie place his hand on his shoulder.
"Calm down mate it's gonna be fine" Charlie reassured, George nodded in response.
"Right now I'll see you later when you've got yourself a fiancé... I'll be outside the colosseum with the camera at 6pm... don't worry he won't know I'm there... I have a hat" Charlie said taking the cameras off George and closing his door.

George slipped the ring box into his back pocket and covered it with the hem of his shirt, then he returned to his own room. He knocked on the door and called out to Alex who said something George couldn't hear properly. Alex opened the door and handed George the room key, smiling and closing the door behind him.
"Come on then babe, our adventure awaits" George smiled taking Alex's hand in his own and swinging it as they walked.

The two strolled around Rome hand in hand, looking at the city and taking in every detail of their surroundings. George bought them gelato and they shared it, Alex feeding George with the small plastic spoon, laughing when he nearly spilt it everywhere. The sun was beginning to set and George knew the moment was fast approaching, he had to get Alex in position.

"Babe you wanna go watch the sunset over the Colosseum?" George asked.
"Yeah sounds fun" Alex smiled standing up and brushing his lap. They walked hand in hand towards the Colosseum, George was going over and over what he was going to say to Alex in his head trying to bury his nerves. Alex smiled, he looked around the city as the sun begun to set he thought it was beautiful, to him it felt like something out a romance novel. Alex could feel that Georges palms were sweaty he wondered why, it was a warm evening so maybe it was just that he was a bit warm.

George took a deep breath as he saw the Colosseum ahead of them, there was no backing out now. The two walked up to the railing in front of the Colosseum, Alex leant against it and looked as the sunset cast pink and orange tones over the ancient building. George wrapped his arms around Alex's shoulder and kissed his cheek joining him in looking at the ancient building. George gulped it was time, he opened his mouth and begun to speak.

"Alex I love you" George begun, Alex smiled and looked towards George.
"I love you too Georgie" Alex said lovingly.
"No Alex I really love you..." George said, trying push his nerves down. He grabbed Alex's small hands in his own and turned to face him. Alex looked at George his confusion visible, he had no idea what George was up to.

"Alex I love you so much, a little over a year ago I almost lost you forever. I'm so lucky to that I still have you here with me. A year ago today we made us official, but I think we both know we'd loved each other for a lot longer than that" George paused for a second letting go of one of Alex's hands.

"Alex I want this forever, I want to be with you always I don't want to leave your side. Alex you are the worlds best boyfriend, but I would like for us to be more. Alex I want everything with you, I mean everything... I want you as my husband and the father of my children. Alex you mean everything to me" George smiled, he pulled the ring box out of his pocket, opened it and dropped onto one knee. Alex was shocked into silence he'd just realised what was happening.

"So Alex Elmslie. Will you marry me?" George asked looking up at Alex.

~Authors note~
CLIFFHANGER LMAOOOOOO
PROPOSAL PROPOSAL PROPOSAL