46. Coming out

Alex and George had waited a few days before recording the videos they would use to come out mainly because George was nervous... really fucking nervous. For Georges channel he recorded a video called 'This is me and that's okay' the video consisted of George sitting down and telling everyone he was gay and how he discovered it.

He really hoped that his story could help someone. Alex was sat off camera smiling reassuringly at him the whole time, just him being there gave George the confidence to actually say it. At the end of the video Alex came into the frame and hugged George, they decided to leave that in the video because they weren't hiding anymore.

This is me and that's okay:

For Alex's channel they recorded a longer video called 'We're engaged

For Alex's channel they recorded a longer video called 'We're engaged... and this is how it happened'. The video consisted of Alex sitting down next to George, holding his hand, rubbing his thumb across it gently. In the video they spoke vaguely about what had been happening with them since the accident and how they had been in a relationship for over a year.

They spoke about how happy they were together and explained the story of how George had proposed to Alex in Rome. They had decided to insert pictures of them together including the actual proposal picture, all of which of course had Georges face blurred out.

We're engaged... and this is how it happened:

After the videos were edited and uploaded to YouTube, Alex and George sat with their laptops open watching the comments pour in

After the videos were edited and uploaded to YouTube, Alex and George sat with their laptops open watching the comments pour in. Alex pulled George onto his lap and wrapped his arms around his waist, resting his head on his shoulder. Normally they'd be the other way round with George holding the younger man, but today George needed Alex to hold him close and Alex would do anything to make his fiancé comfortable.

They watched as endless messages of support poured in, Alex smiled reading them. He looked to see Georges eyes glassing over, he was beginning to cry, Alex watched as he clenched his eyes closed.
"See baby they're happy for us... told you it was going to be okay" Alex smiled kissing Georges cheek gently and rubbing his arm.

George felt a smile spread across his face, Alex was right it was okay, they were accepted. He always knew they would be but part of him always feared they would be hated.
"It's all okay Alex, it really is" George breathed feeling a tear slip down his face. Alex lifted his hand from Georges waist and wiped his tears away, he turned Georges face towards him and kissed his lips gently.
"Yeah baby it's okay they accept us... do you wanna read some now and then we can check Twitter?" Alex questioned, smiling sweetly at George who smiled back.

George nodded at Alex who understood and begun reading some of the comments from Georges video to him.
"Congratulations George we're so proud of you" Alex read. George felt overwhelmed with the new found acceptance.
"I'm proud of you too bubba" Alex smiled. George sniffed and smiled at Alex who rubbed his arm softly.

"George thank you for sharing your story with us. It's nice to know someone else has struggled with self acceptance. You look so much happier and that's amazing" Alex read.
"That's what I wanted, I wanted to help people who felt the same as I did" George sniffled, rubbing his face.
"You are helping people baby I'm so so proud of you" Alex cooed ruffling Georges hair.

Alex continued reading the comments to George, who sat quietly listening. Alex avoided reading anything that wasn't 100% positive, he really didn't think George needed to see that right now, or ever really. Alex knew what the hate could be like and he never wanted George to experience that.

"Okay baby shall we read the comments on my video now?" Alex asked, as he let George play with his fingers.
"Yeah please" George whispered. Alex nodded and clicked on his video.
"Oh my god this is so cute I'm gonna cry" Alex read, making George raise his eyebrow.
"George really out did himself with the whole proposal and damn that ring is beautiful. I'm so happy for you two" Alex read.
"That's true you really did, it was amazing. I love you Georgie" Alex hummed, watching as a smile spread across Georges face and his cheeks grew pinker.

The two read through more comments together, before Alex asked if they could move on to Twitter. They were trending, twice actually, George was trending alone for coming out and they were trending as a couple as well. They scrolled through message after message of support, it wasn't just fans that were sending them messages it was other content creators and their friends that not only supported them in day to day life but were now doing it publicly too.

@jamesmarriotyt
So proud of my mates today. I know it wasn't easy for you but we love you so much. Can't wait for the next chapter xx @memeulous @imallexx love you xx 🥰

@willne
I've been lucky enough to watch @imallexx and @memeulous fall in love. Those two are perfect for each other, I'm glad to call you two my best mates xx❤️

@miaxmon
If you haven't seen Georges coming out video yet go and watch it please. I'm so proud of him. Then you go need to go and watch Alex's video on their engagement it's the sweetest story. Much love to my lovely friends @imallexx and @memeulous can't wait for the wedding day 💜

@ariatamagotchi
@memeulous and @imallexx Boys I'm so proud of you. Your love is beautiful. All my love sweethearts🏳️‍🌈 🥰

@lewisbuchanyt
Go and show my guys @imallexx and @memeulous some love please. It's not easy to do what they've done. Hate won't be tolerated. Big love lads 🏳️‍🌈💕

@stephentries
Amazing new videos from @memeulous and @imallexx. George and Alex mates, I've never seen two people more meant for each other than you guys. 😊

@inabber
My best mates came out today. This last year I've watched them grow not only as people but together as a couple. Their love is so pure, they are perfect for each other and I'm so glad they are ready to share that with the world. Coming out isn't easy but it's always worth it. @memeulous @imallexx so proud 🏳️‍🌈

@geenelly
@imallexx and @memeulous. I'm so incredibly proud of you two that I can't even put it into words. George I remember you realising you were gay and that you loved Alex, you cried in my living room. Then of course tragedy struck and you almost lost your soulmate, but you hoped and waited and he came back to you. And now you get to be together, stronger than ever. I love you two endlessly xx 🏳️‍🌈💙
(P.S have this sneaky picture took when they fell asleep on me and Wills sofa🥺)

~Authors note~All I have to say is 🥺🥺🥺🥺Also enjoy my ✨amazing✨ editing skills once again

~Authors note~
All I have to say is 🥺🥺🥺🥺
Also enjoy my ✨amazing✨ editing skills once again