15. I want to go home

The next morning Alex and George were still asleep when James and Aria arrived. They entered the room to see George snuggled into Alex's side. Aria cooed and pulled out her phone snapping a picture and sending it to Mia and Gee.

"Tell me they are not the cutest thing you've ever seen" Aria whispered.
"That is pretty sweet, I have to admit, George needs that he's running on practically no sleep no wonder he snapped at Will" James stated
"Yeah poor guy. He loves Alex so much you can tell just by looking at him. They would be perfect together" Aria smiled looking over at the two.
"Yeah but it's up to George, he needs to tell Alex he's gay first... also Alex is gonna be in pain for months... is it really the best time?" James questioned.
"I don't know I really don't know" Aria sighed a little to loud causing Alex to stir.

Alex woke up realising George was curled into him still fast asleep, he looked around the room spotting James and Aria sat to his side.
"Hey guys" Alex croaked.
"Hey Alex, I see you've got sleeping beauty out cold there" James laughed pointing to George.
"Well I wasn't gonna make him spend another night on that chair was I" Alex said as he ran his fingers through Georges messy hair.

James smiled at Aria as they watched Alex fond over George right in front of them.
"You're so in love with him aren't you Alex?" Aria smiled. Alex nodded, humming in response. Aria wanted to tell him George felt the same, so did James but they knew it wasn't fair to out George like that. Instead Aria just smiled.

Alex coughed, hissing at the throbbing pain it caused in his ribs. George was shaken awake by Alex's coughing.
"mmmm Alex are you okay?" He mumbled rubbing his eyes as he lifted his head from Alex's shoulder.
"I'm fine Georgie, just hurts that's all" Alex reassured the man. George pouted, it upset him that Alex was hurting he wished he could take his pain away.

George looked away from Alex seeing James and Aria were sitting in the room. His face flushed red.
"Hey guys how long have you been here?" George asked as he stood up from the bed stretching.
"Long enough" Aria smiled smugly. George looked at her confused but ignored the comment. The four chatted for a while until they were interrupted by a doctor entering the room.

"Hello Alex, hello Alex's friends, I'm Dr. Glass I have some checks I need to do on Alex and some things to discuss with him, I'm going have to ask you to leave" Dr. Glass stated.
Aria and James nodded and stood up and left the room. George went to follow them when Alex grabbed his and looked at him.
"Stay please" Alex pleaded. George nodded and sat back down. Alex grabbed George's hand in his own.

"Right okay Alex as you can probably tell you have a lot of injuries and I assume they are quite painful. You have two broken legs meaning you obviously can't stand or put any weight on them, so we will be providing you with a wheelchair. When you leave here your going to need someone to look after you. Okay?" Alex nodded.
"Before we discharge you we need to organise some prescription painkillers for you, they are going to be pretty strong as I can see your in a lot of pain" Dr. Glass explained.

"When can I go home? I want to go home" Alex asked.
"Hopefully by the end of this week we should have your prescription sorted, so in about three days, That's everything for now, I'll leave you alone now" The doctor smiled and left the room. George looked at Alex who was smiling happily.

"Georgie" Alex questioned, George's heart skipped a beat every time Alex called him that. George looked up at Alex.
"Yeah Al" George replied.
"I can't wait to go home" he smiled. Georges face fell, he didn't want Alex to go home he was going to miss him.
"What's wrong Georgie?" Alex asked noticing George's sad expression.
"I'm gonna miss you when you go home that's all" George sighed. Alex was confused why would George miss him.

"Why are you going to miss me? We live together..." Alex said perplexed.
"I thought you wanted to go home with your parents, ya know so they can look after you" George explained looking at Alex.
"No George I want to come home with you, like you said... home George you and me" Alex beamed. George was smiling too now.
"Well that's if you don't mind... I can't do much on my own anymore" Alex mentioned nervously thinking George wouldn't want to have to look after him.

"I don't mind, as long as I get to have you in the flat I don't care how much I have to help you, you're my favourite person in the whole world Alex" George exclaimed. Alex smiled and opened his arms to hug George.
"Well Georgie looks like I'm coming home then" Alex whispered.

~Authors note~
Awwwww I wanna see that picture Aria took so badly 🥺😭