Chapter 2 (revised 06/06/2023)

I knock on the Alpha's door. I hear him call out, "Enter." I walked into the alpha's office. I see him and my parents there. "Have a seat, Jocelyn. Your parents and I have been discussing what to do about your situation."

"Alpha Solomon, I have already told you my response," I replied.

I found out last week I was pregnant from the rape. I still refused to do what the Alpha requested. He wanted me to get rid of the pup I was carrying. This pup, who conceived terribly, I still considered a part of me. Since I disobeyed the Aloga,  my pack was shunning me. Even my family would not talk with me this past week.

They looked at me. Dad, I could tell, was angry. Mom looked ready to cry. Alpha Solomon looked disappointed in my answer. "I gave you a week to reconsider your choice. If you are still saying no to getting rid of the pup conceived in violence, then I will have no option. You are moving to the cabin at the far edge of the territory. You won't be labeled a rogue. Instead, you will live there, shunned by the pack as a lone wolf. Once a week, I will arrange for a box of provisions. We will still provide for you even when we disagree with your choice."

I looked at Mom and Dad, "You are supporting this?"

Dad, in a tight and angry voice, said, "If you keep the baby, then you're not welcome in our house. I have linked the omegas to pack your stuff and set it on the porch." Mom started crying. He gathered Mom in his arms and began to carry her out of the office.

Then I thought back to my assignment again.

Flashback begins

When I turned in my paper, I had a 14-page report I had written. I got 38 responses. These responses included classmates, teachers, alpha, friends, and family. I got an "A" on the report I turned in. The teacher said as he handed out our graded papers, "You all did a good job. For the first time, no one has to rewrite their report. Now here is the fun part. This is a communication class. I made a copy of everyone's report. I placed one report into a brown envelope. I am having my student aid give each of you a brown envelope." He stands quietly while she does that. When the last one is handed out, he says, "You are asked not to remove the papers from it. I want you all now to peek inside the envelope and make sure the report is not your own." We all looked, and no one had their report.

"Now, based on this report in your hand, you are to prepare a 5-minute presentation. I have three speech debate judges coming in tomorrow to judge each of your presentations. They will pick the top 4 presentations. Those presentations will automatically get an A+. The rest of you will get grades based on the judges' scores. Inside the envelope is a copy of their scorecards. You will use that guide to make your presentation report. Each judge will count as a score." We all listen and nod our heads. "Now the top 4 scores will have a copy of their notes given to the university debate team. The debate team will be using the reports to make their debate. They will have it in the auditorium, and we will watch an official debate. I will have new judges meeting in the auditorium that day who will be scoring their results. Then each person who comes to watch the debate will be given a ballet. Each of you will list down whom you think won the debate. Then have to write a one-page report about why you feel they won. Those pages will be turned in to me before the winner is announced. This is a quick turnaround assignment.

The teacher assistants for this semester will add up the ballets and judges' scorecards to decide who the winner is. Your reports had the name removed. No one will know whose report it is during their 5-minute presentation."

Flashback ends

I go back to the present. If you did not guess, my report ended in the top four. Looking back, a part of me wishes I had not been a top-four winner. Then another part of me was glad I had been. I patted my stomach.

I then looked at the alpha and my parents as they started to leave. "This pup was not conceived the best way but still has a beating heart. This pup is a member of this pack." I looked at my parents and said, "This pup is your grandchild. It is innocent, and you should love it no matter what."

My mom started crying, and my dad squeezed his arms tighter around his mate. He turned her away from me. I stood up and walked out of the alpha's office and past my parents with tears running down my face. "It is not me who is wrong here. It is you and your actions. This old, antiquated rule reminds you of failing to protect me. If you make she-wolves follow it, then there is no reminder. The shame isn't me, but you."

The alpha growls as I sweep by my parents and out the alpha's door with tears running down my face.

Many places have this type of mentality

Many places have this type of mentality. They blame the woman for rapes. If the rape results in a child, they force women to get rid of it.
Then pretend like it never happens.

What are your feelings on this subject? (Please, I request you give your view without bashing anyone else's. Some may agree with this idea, and others may not.