Chapter 39 (revised 06/19/23)

Hutton jumps down and lands in Lycan form. He has Scott and Xander join beside him. He looks at them and asks, "Why are you here?"

Scott said, "Goliath caught one of the wolf secretaries calling Ex-Elder Xavier. We discovered he is a great great uncle to Fugitive ex-alpha Xavier. However, he has always said the godfather. They are blood. Their plan, according to the secretary, was to attack the new alpha when she was having pups. The council is here. We brought our security details too. Plus called in backup and tightened security at other places in case of multiple attacks. We are here defending this pack. The werewolf council officially declared the Elder wolf councils, who were forced to step down as rogues. We are told that fugitive ex-alpha Xavier had a witch to help regain some power. "

Just then, Xavier, Xavier, Alexander, Terrance, George, and Barth appeared in front of the hospital. Goliath, Victoria, Adam, Jonas, and Toni join them. Victoria steps up, "You will not hurt our grand pups. You already hurt our sons. Xavier, this stops now."

He laughs, "Victoria, this new you is exciting. I guess I will have fun breaking you again."

Victoria Branson, "You rejected me that day you tried to attack me in the courtroom. I, Victoria Branson, accept your rejection of Fugitive Xavier Branson."

He growled and yelled, "No," he lunged forward toward her in human form.

This time Alpha Solomon strikes him from the side, and they roll. "You killed my beta and best friend when he defended your mate. This time you're taking on a stronger wolf; you must." They both shift into their wolves. "You will die today." They circle and eye each other before they strike. Xavier jumped, and Solomon went low. He used his claws and drew blood on his belly. He then clamped his mouth on the tail. He twisted his head and sent Xavier flying into a tree. He then ran toward him, and those two were in a death match.

Tianna flies down to help remove Victoria from danger. She knows Victoria is weakened by accepting the rejection. Tianna gets her to the hospital entrance, where some of Jocelyn's security group guards. They help her get Victoria inside and shut and lock the door again. They stayed outside in case any rouge got close to the door.

Elder Xavier tried to go after Victoria, but Goliath tackled him. They snarled and soon fought fiercely, biting and scratching each other.

Councilman Hutton engages with Elder Rouge Alexander; Councilman Scott engages with Elder Rouge George; Councilman Xander with Elder Rouge Terrance; Councilman Adam engages with Elder Rouge Garth.

The first one to fall was Garth. When he went down, his followers stopped fighting to look confused when they felt their leader fall. Most were then killed when confused, and a few others were taken to the pack's new dungeon. Councilman Adam went to help others defend this pack.

The battle went on throughout the day. Finally, about sunset, Fugitive Xavier went down. Alpha Solomon ripped his heart out. The fight seems to go out of the rest of the rogues. The Lycan went around and gathered up all the still-alive rogues and took them back to put them in their cells. They would all be charged with treason.

The injured comrades were gathered up. Jocelyn walked to the hospital entrance. She held the future alpha. Her parents each had the deltas. Victoria held her two biological granddaughters. Jocelyn started howling in victory over the rogues. Soon others joined in.

She then sat down in the wheelchair. She handed Tiana her pup. Then greeted each person who was brought into the hospital injured.

They started gathering up the dead. The rogues were taken to the fire pit. The allies and pack members were taken to rest by the pack's memorial pond. The gnomes started building rafts to honor the fallen.

Once all the injured had passed by and were being treated, she stood up. She walked to the memorial lake. She walked by each of the fallen pack members and allies. She bent down and touched her hand to their head and said, "May the moon goddess bless you." She then got to two of her friends, and she had tears running down her face, "Quin and Winn, you came into this world together. You left this world together. May the moon and your fairy goddess bless you for defending the right?" She stood there a few minutes thinking about their times together and then moved on to the next. She blessed a total of 82 people today.

She then went over to the pit, and everyone was surprised when she called out, "Moon goddess, we know these rouges were troubled souls. Please bless them with peace. Please show them that their afterlife can bring comfort because I forgive them for their wrongs." She then turned to the pack, "In the future, anyone who would have been declared a rogue will be sent for counseling, and if they are deemed able to be rehabilitated, then we will accept them here if their old pack does not accept them. If they are not deemed to be rehabilitated, then they will be sent to the Lycan prison. No longer will they be kicked and become someone else's problem."

She looked at everyone, "This can hopefully keep another battle like today from happening again. This might also keep others from losing a friend.

Tomorrow is the full moon, and we will send those who have fallen into their afterlife."

She then turned and walked back to the hospital to heal and rest.