Chapter 13 (revised 06/08/2023)

By the time the alphas and the other two betas arrived, she was awake. She was looking at the ultrasound with Samson standing beside her. The guys looked at the ultrasound, and Solomon asked, "What is wrong?"

Doc said, " cfThis ultrasound showed a surprise I was not expecting."

Jocelyn looked up and said, "Alpha Bruno, please have Frank leave. I don't want him around my house." She then looked at Solomon and stated, "The only reason you're allowed to stay is I want you to inform my family what they are missing out on."

Before Bruno can say anything, Frank turns around and walks out. Doc starts talking as soon as Frank leaves, "I decided to do an ultrasound just to make sure everything was ok after Jocelyn's shock from earlier. Her pups here seem to be her main focus now."

Goliath looks at Doc, "Show them what we won't believe?"

"I was told she was having triplets. One of the pups must have been hiding." He tapped on the keyboard. He drew a line around the one pup, and he labeled 'A.' "This pup is larger than the others. It is an Alpha pup. I cannot see the sex from this angle, but the notes from the other doctor state the alpha was a boy."

Jocelyn replied, "This means that baby is Charles."

He then started tapping on the keyboard again and labeled it. Up popped another circle. Inside that circle, he had typed 'B' and 'C.' "Here was the surprise. These babies share a placenta. They are identical. They were sharing the same sac, which put them at higher risk. Based on their size, I would label them as Beta babies. The notes informed me that the beta baby was a girl. You have two beta girls." He moved the wand around some on my stomach, "Yes, definitely, girls. There is none thing to know. Many times identical twins will not be detected by heartbeats. They will sound like one pup. Only when detected by ultrasound do we discover there are two pups before birth."

Jocelyn replied, "The first girl born will be Guinevere, and the second will be Elizabeth."

He tapped the keyboard again. This time another circle appeared, and it was labeled 'D.' "This pup is still larger than a normal pup but smaller than the other two. I would say this pup is a Delta pup. The notes stated Delta is a boy." He starts moving the wand around again.

Jocelyn replies, "That pup is Davis."

"This pup is also shy, so they cannot confirm the sex. They all have strong heartbeats. I will keep Jocelyn here for observation, but it seems her wolf is not grieving for her mate. She instead got angry and is now in protective mode over the pups. It would be best to keep Frank away from her because she might conceive him as a threat to her pups."

Bruno replied, "he will start his omega duties right away. He won't be near her."

Jocelyn looked confused, "omega duties?"

Solomon said, "Frank and Zane, for their fighting, are busted down to omega duties."

Jocelyn cried out, "No, I trust Zane. He will keep my pups safe."

Solomon looks at the other two alphas. Goliath sighs, "If your alpha agrees, he will maintain Beta rank. Instead, when it is Frank's turn to guard, he will be given a list of extra omega duties from me while Zane covers his shift. These duties will come from all three packs. These duties must all accomplish before you can earn the status of beta back." He looked at Zane, "But with you having to do both Beta and Omega duties, this would have meant your time on omega duties would be longer than 30 days. You will do your omega duties on your day off from guarding. But one day a week, you will be given a rest based on Solomon's discretion. Would that be acceptable to you and both the alphas here?"

All spoke up, "Accepted."

"How about we keep Sunday as Zane's day off, and if it is a guard day, I send my Delta over to cover him. Then Solomon gives him Sunday's off, too, if it omega day."

Solomon replies, "Agreed."

"