Chapter 38 (revised 06/19/2023)

Week 24

Tiana flew down to Jocelyn. She said, "I linked to Georgette. She is on her way here."

"Tell her to head to Juniper Pack. I want their future to be born there."

Lycan Hutton came over and picked her up, "Put me down."

"Sorry, but you're my responsibility now," he walks out of the council building with her. He calls over his shoulder, "Call Lander. He can tell the pack doctor and her family that "D" day has arrived."

Jocelyn looks at him, "D day? You just said that."

Hutton grins and says, "Yep. Lander was saying he could hardly wait for this "D" day. I asked what he meant, and he said in that duh type tone- d for delivery."

Jocelyn starts to laugh when a muscular contraction hits her. She then moans.

Tianna said, "Georgette will meet us at Juniper. Goliath will meet us at Juniper. Councilwoman Victoria wondered if she could meet there since you're carrying her grand pups."

Jocelyn had the deer in the headlight look. She had gotten to know Victoria. She thought about it and said, "Tell her yes."

Hutton asked as he put her in the van, "You hadn't thought of her as their grand pups, had you?"

I breathed through another contraction. Hutton looked concerned. He said, "That one was only 4 minutes from the last one. Let's get going. I don't want to deliver them on the side of the road." He walks around and climbs into the driver's seat. He pushes a button, and the car starts. He takes off to the Juniper Pack.

Jocelyn's phone rings, and she answers it. She listens and starts laughing. "He is nervous, and I think because there was only 4 minutes between the 1st and 2nd contraction." She listens again, "ok, will see you there." She hangs up the phone. "Tianna said you took off without her, but Goliath is bringing her."

"Dammit. How much trouble am I in? Think she will put me down?"

Jocelyn starts to laugh when another contraction hits. He says, "That one is 5 minutes and 10 seconds after the last one."

They continue the drive, and when they hit pack territory, six warriors run beside the van to the hospital. The nurse is standing outside with a wheelchair. She starts to wheel Jocelyn in and looks at Hutton. "I'm scared all of a sudden."

He reaches down and squeezes her hand, and goes into the hospital, holding her hand. Then at 4:06 am, he opens the balcony and holds up the newborn pup. He shouts, "Juniper Pack, I am proud to announce the next generation of alphas- ALPHA CHARLES SOMMERS." You hear the pack start to howl to welcome him. He walks back inside.

A few minutes later, he comes out holding another baby. He calls out again, "I am proud to announce the next generations of betas- BETA ELIZABETH SOMMERS." You hear more howling as he holds her up. He goes back in.

He comes out again. Next, you hear, "I am proud to announce the next generation of betas- BETA GUINEVERE SOMMERS." The howling continues as he holds the third pup up. He comes back in.

He returns a little later, "I am proud to announce the next generations of deltas- DELTA DAVIS SOMMERS." The howl continues with the fourth pup.

He turns around and walks inside. He lays Davis down when Georgette says, "You got one more to announce."

"I announced all four of them."

She hands him a pup, "well, apparently, the ultrasound missed one. She said four were named after her grandparents, who were great people. This one will be named after another great person, Beta Zane. According to the doctor, this one is Davis' twin. There are no more hidden in her."

Hutton opens up the balcony. He calls out, SURPRISE, THE JUNIPER PACK WELCOMES THE FINAL PUP. HE IS THE NEXT GENERATIONS OF DELTA- DELTA ZANE SOMMERS." The pack again starts to howl, but he starts hearing growls thrown in. He hands the pup to Georgette and says, "Lock the door behind me. The pack is under attack. Tell the doc to get the alpha and pups to a safe room." Then he jumps off the balcony to run to help where the fighting is." He calls over his shoulder, "Plus, call the allies and the Supernatural Council members."

"