Chapter 16 (revised 06/09/2023)

11 through 15 weeks of pregnancy

It has been three weeks since I identified by scent who raped me. I had been staying in the house. My lawyer had arranged for the warrior elves to patrol the outer areas of the Coleman family. Then, Lycans had four members rotate day and night shifts. They patrolled outside the perimeter of Councilman Zephyr's property. Then Zane and Beta Samson, along with my fairy friends, were in charge of interior perimeter safety.

The Lycan slept upstairs in one room. I arranged two extra-long bunk beds in these rooms. Then Beta Zane and Samson slept in the extra-long bunk beds in the second bedroom. The boys shared the jack and jill restroom. Then the fairies slept in the other two rooms and shared jack and jill's bathroom. Sometimes my lawyer spent the night and slept in the office. I had my master bedroom to myself. I arranged with builder fairies to adjust the one-half bath into a full bath. They just made the dining room a little smaller.

I completed all my schoolwork and did finals. Then I was taking the next semester off. I decided this summer I would not do any summer classes.

Week 15
I woke up today with a knock on the door. It was one of the Lycans. I answered it. "Need you to get dressed and come with me: no food or drink. Meet me at the front door in 15 minutes. I got dressed. I threw on a dress and flats. I brushed my hair and teeth. He then took me outside, where a car was parked. He opened the door and said nothing to me."

They drove me to the hospital. I saw my lawyer standing at the hospital door. "Today, the doctors are gathering fluid from each baby to determine the sperm donor, as you call them. The Lycan will be with the fluid and take it to their lab to determine who their donor was. Then once results are discovered, they will start the trial."

We went in, and I was sedated but still awake. I felt very loopy. They had a sheet draped, so I could not see what was going on. They talked to me and now and then felt a slight pinch. When they were done, they brought me into a room. I was glad to see Georgette here, "you will stay here until tomorrow being observed. Then you will go home with us. They will have the results of the DNA test within two days. In three days, the trials start."

"Why am I being put on bed rest and made to stay here?"

"They did not tell you that this test can cause you to go into premature labor. You have ten more weeks until you're due. I would have suggested waiting for this test."

"No one told me this test could endanger my pups."

"If you hadn't snuck out of the house this morning, I would have told you. If you had mentioned to me your midwife About this test they wanted to do, I would have told you."

"That is why the alpha wanted me to have this test now and not wait. I swear I am going to kill him."

Beta Zane said, "We were not told this test would endanger the pups this week. We were told if done before five weeks, and it would. The werewolf council notified us to be here. We had read the request from Lycan Cerebus that we had to be there. We got dressed and came. You cannot blame your alpha. This is on the werewolf council."

"