Chapter 7 (REVISED 6/8/2023)

I wake up, and the first thing I do is run toward the restroom and vomit. I take my pajamas off and shower. I wrap a towel around me when I realize I only had my pajamas with vomit. I hurriedly walked to my room and did not even look toward the couch where Beta Zane was sitting. I go into my bedroom and get dressed. I sit on the bed and pull the frames out of the bag. I place a couple of frames on the bedside tables. I leave the bedroom and place the other frames around the cottage. Once they are all placed, I walk to the kitchen. There is a plate with toast, scrambled eggs, and a cup of tea. Then a note,

"Jocelyn,

This is what my mom ate after her morning sickness. When I realized you were getting sick, I made your breakfast. Once you were getting dressed in your room, I threw yesterday's clothes and your pajamas in the washing machine."

Oh, my goodness, he saw me dash and get sick and then come back to the room in just a towel. How embarrassing. I then go back to reading the letter.

"I am right now patrolling the area. I will be back about lunchtime. Take it easy today. I will make lunch when I am done.

Alpha said he took care of switching all your classes to online. The university knows you were in the hospital. They think you were in an accident.

They will be emailing the assignments you missed the past three weeks. This week is the final's test week. They will officially have you start online next week. The school will be emailing you your online schedule.

On top of your desk are instructions on how to sign into your student portal and how you will access your assignments. The laptop is in the top drawer of the desk.

Z

I laid the note down. I ate my breakfast and washed my dishes. I then drink a second cup of tea and pull the computer out of the top drawer. I look and see the second drawer has all my books and notes. The third drawer is full of various school supplies. On the corner of the desk is a scanner and printer. Plus, a desk lamp. I place the laptop on the desk and read the instructions about accessing the student portal.

I access the portals. I read notes from various classmates and teachers. Many teachers had just copied their class syllabus into the schedule already. I decided I would start with my Monday classes and scan the homework to them that I had completed before the rape. I started reading to catch up with that first Monday's class.

It was about 11:30. I stopped working on Monday's classes and went to make four grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, and tossed salad and place a bag of Oreo cookies on the table. I make myself another cup of tea and a pot of coffee for Beta Zane. Just as I am flipping the grilled cheese, Beta Zane walks in. He washes his hands, and I put the food on the table.

Beta Zane says, "Thank you, but I told you I would make lunch. Starting tonight, pre-made meals will be dropped off here daily. Just to let you know, about 1/4 mile from here is the stream that divides our territory from Mountain Moon Pack. This puts you in the very center of three large territories. There are no noman areas within 45 miles of this location. You are within 20 miles of three pack houses. They have a three-bedroom house that they will have us Betas use on the other side of the river. We will be living just two miles away. None of us will be staying here on your couch like I did last night. They also will have warriors patrolling this area from all three packs. Learn their scents. I will be sure to get a group photo of them in human and wolf form so you recognize them on-site. I will place it inside and tape it to the laundry room door. These cabins were made so that windows and doors could not be broken in. This was the cabin the alpha planned to bring his mate, but she passed before they met." I looked at him, startled. "Shit, he did not want anyone to know he felt their break as a teenager before shifting. He was going to look for a second chance, mate, but hasn't made time for it."