Chapter 18 (revised 06/09/2023)

Pregnant 17 weeks

The next day

Jocelyn woke up. She got up and dressed in maternity pants and a top. The top said Quads on Board. She brushed her hair up into a ponytail. She went to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

When done, she went into the office. She started typing several letters. When done, she hit print, placed them in envelopes, and addressed them to appropriate parties. She saw it was 11:45. She walked toward the front door, and Zane met her there. He looked at her and said, "Councilman Zephyr changed the meeting place from his home to the pavilion outback since it is a beautiful day. Let's go." They walked over together.  She smirked since she knew his plan to be a surprise Baby Q.

When they got to the backyard, he guided her to the pavilion. The table was decorated with a white and blue checked tablecloth. The tables formed a square. She saw a vast gift leaning against the wall. On the other side, she saw food being set out. Plus, a table filled with blessings. Everyone was here who was on her list.

She approached Elder Zephyr and said, "Let us get this going. I am feeling starved, but first, I want to say hello to my family. I hug my brother. Then I look at Mom and Dad. Dad says, "I still find it hard to accept the shame, but at the same time, I do love you."

I look at Dad, "I have done nothing to be ashamed of. These pups are your first grandpops." He looks at me with sad eyes.

"The shame isn't yours. It is mine. My job is to keep you safe, and I failed."

Mom rushes over and hugs me. "He is just being a stubborn old fool. He doesn't understand the bond between a mom and her unborn pups. They feel connected to an unborn child but not the bond until they hold them. Then the connection is there. I also told him it wasn't his fault. It was the parents of those jackasses who failed by not teaching them right and wrong. I will love them no matter what. I feel the grandma connection but not the bond you feel since they are inside you. They are my blood. I already told him and our stubborn egotistical friend Alpha that, too. These pups are already a part of the pack through connection, and once born, it will be through bond unless they want to continue this stupidity of not accepting them. No grandchild of mine is an abomination, and I will knock out the next person who says that. I am tired of crying. As of today, I am no longer shunning my daughter."

I hear the alpha growl, and I link him, "Are you going to be Solomon or Alpha Solomon today? Remember your choice." He got quiet. I wrap my arm through Mom's arms. "Let's go eat. The pups and I are starving." We all get something to eat. Walking back to the table, I say, "I love you, Mom."

We ate a delicious barbecue meal. When our plates are cleared, I look at Zane and Samson, "Can you please bring this large gift forward? It is something I had specially made for today's luncheon."

They brought it forward. "Mom and Dad, can you please unwrap this for me?" They walk to the front and pull the paper off. "I hope this will make you both want to accept them. I am naming these pups after your parents. I want to take this time to introduce Alpha Charles Sommers." I point to a 3D ultrasound photo of him. Next, I point to an ultrasound of two pups together. "These two pups are Betas Guinevere and Elizabeth Sommers." She then points to the last photo. "This is Delta Davis Sommers."  Mom tears up and Dad stares stunned. Many of the council werewolves growl, and others are the photos. "Can you lean this photo up against the wall? I plan to hang this photo above the fireplace of my home."

While the photo is moved to lean against the wall, Mom and Dad go and sit down. "Before us moving to the main purpose of my requesting you all here, I have a scrapbook I started. I have placed smaller ultrasounds photos in it. Plus added Lander's and Julliet's photos in it." I handed that book to Mom and Dad.