Chapter 25 (revised 06/10/2023)

21 weeks out of 25

Jocelyn took a deep breath and walked into the Supernatural Council Building. She stepped through the door and saw a receptionist's desk. She still stood there looking around. She saw stone steps going up to the second floor. Then on the second floor, she saw various supernaturals going in and out of rooms, then using the elevator. They alls seem to be a shimmery blue-green color on both levels. She then looked around the first floor. She saw a coffee shop, sandwich shop, and bakery in the back corner. She even saw what appeared to be a small library with several sofas and chairs.

Suddenly Jocelyn got bumped from behind and started to fall forward when two hands wrapped around them to keep her from falling. She heard a voice say, "Hutton, you must watch where you're going."

The guy who still had his arms holding me replied, "Scott shoved me through the door."

"Forgive my friends for their lack of manners. My name is Xander. I don't think I have seen you before."

Slowly Jocelyn turned around. She saw they were three Lycan, all muscular and over 6-1/2 foot tall. She saw all three of them realize she was pregnant. Xander suddenly said, "My careless friends did not hurt your pups, did they?"

She replied, "I am ok. It was my fault for stopping in front of the door. I've never been inside this building before, and it is beautiful." She glances at her watch, "Well, I got to go. I have a meeting soon. Have a nice day." She then waved goodbye and walked to the receptionist. The three Lycan walked up the stairs to head to their meeting. One of them kept turning to look at her.

"Excuse me," she said to the receptionist, "can you direct me to Councilman Elijah's office?"

He looked up at me as he grabbed a clipboard, "your name?"

"Jocelyn Sommers."

He looked through the list. "There you are. Please sign beside your name and list the time." He looked at the time, "The time is 8:48 am." He pointed to where I needed to sign, and I did.

He laid the clipboard back on his desk. He grabbed a name card clip. He wrote my name on it with a marker and a room number. "Please attach this to your outfit above your heart. It says the room number you need to go to. It is room 982. This pass allows you to be on the 9th floor or down here only unless you're being accompanied by an employee who works here." He points to the steps, "Go up these steps, and at the top are the elevators. take it to the 9th floor? You will turn right as you step out. All the doors are numbered in chronological order. To the left are rooms 1-57. To the right is 58-94. Have a good day."

She walks up the steps and starts walking toward the elevator. She stopped and turned around when she heard, "Jocelyn, Jocelyn, stop. Wait for me." She smiles when she sees Cynthia running up the steps toward her. "Are you ready for today?"

"More like I am ready for it to end."

"I have the official complaint written out we are taking to the council. There are eight different species on the board. Each group has five votes. There are two openings. What they do when there is an opening, the highest-ranking person in that species gets to cast an extra vote. I was informed that each council member was given a copy of the trial. They all should have read it by now.

Proper counsel etiquette is you do not talk unless they talk to you first. Since you asked the fairies to represent you, they will have a high court. Since Elijah is the ranking fairy, he will indicate when everyone else can-do speeches or ask questions. Plus, if votes are tied, he is the tiebreaker.

If I feel an inappropriate question or your answer is falling short, I can interrupt and guide you. Be sure to follow my lead."

We finally get to room 982. There are two Lycan standing guard. They look at my name on the tag and open the door. Jocelyn walks into the room, and her mouth drops open as she looks around. One of the Lycan said, "Please leave your purse and briefcase on the table. If you wish to freshen up, the restroom is to the right. Then you can go down the stairs. The white sofa is where you can sit."