Chapter 30 (revised 06/12/2023)

Week 22

Goliath called on Sunday, "Jocelyn, the council will not be in session this week."

"What? You realize I must go before the council before these pups are born, or I get stuck under old rules. The sperm donor families could take them from me even if their dads are not there."

"I will call for an emergency hearing if you enter labor before that. You should be getting a notice to appear for justice to be served on the nine people?"

"Nine? Did they decide to prosecute the other two people? The courts said the younger one would get counseling since he was the only witness and contacted my packs to say where I was. Then the other hasn't had the case reviewed on him yet."

"Yes, and they both have pleaded guilty to partial participation. The courts say they will be charged with just the kidnapping, not the raping. According to testimony, those two only did the kidnapping but left the area when they saw what was going on. They both had just had their first shift. They must give their official guilty plea and judgment handed down from the courts. The courts have not yet given out their punishments. They have only been found guilty."

"I meant what I said; I don't want to witness their punishments."

"You will have to see what the judge says. Now tomorrow, your full security detail will escort you to the courthouse. Do not disappear again. Several packs will be there, and we don't know how they will react. Be alert for trouble."

"Ok, see you tomorrow." Jocelyn was served her paper to appear for sentencing about 30 minutes later. Goliath managed to talk the council into doing the new members swearing in and go right into their first case. Once the guilty had sentencing handed down since time sensitivity was the issue on laws being changed.

The following day Jocelyn woke up. She showered and got dressed. She ate breakfast with her guard and headed to the council building. Outside she saw several wolves. She did not know who they were, but their scents were juniper and green
apple. She looked at them, and about half bowed their heads to her. The other half was growling or sneering at her.

Luna Victoria Branson walked up the steps and did a large growl. "This is enough. We have had enough shame brought to our family packs because of my mate. He has been allowed to beat me, cheat on me, and raise my sons to disrespect women. I will not allow this to go on anymore. He tried to kill me, and if not for one of Alpha Jocelyn's guards, I would be dead.  Today, I stand here sealing justice for your future alpha. If you growl and disrespect her or me anymore, I will turn you over to the Lycan for justice. There are some of you here today that participated in my mate's illegal activities, and I have signed off an immunity paper for you. However, if anything happens to myself, Jocelyn, or our future leader's pups, I have given Lycan Cerberus a copy of all my mate's books. Here is your choice: behave or be prosecuted. The immunity papers become null if anything happens and trace back to you."

Victoria looked at Jocelyn, "Please proceed inside, and can you let me sit by you? We can give each other support. Plus, I wanted to talk to you about the counseling you have gotten."

Jocelyn looked at her and said, "I will save you a seat." She walked inside, and they directed her to a coliseum behind their building. The handing down judgment would be there instead of the courthouse. This way sentence would begin right away.

She was led to a balcony. Her guards were standing along the steps. From the steps, they could see what was happening below and be alert for any trouble. Soon Alpha Bruno, Alpha Solomon, Alpha Goliath, and Luna Tiana joined her. Then about a minute before they opened the gate for the general public to join, she had Luna Victoria join her.