Chapter 37 (revised 06/19/2023)

Week 25

Jocelyn smiles at that memory and puts her hand on her belly to pat the pups as she walks up the steps to the elevator.

She sees Tianna as she walks into the room and smiles. Tianna stands up and flies down to me. "You know you scared Goliath two days ago." She laughs and pats her stomach."

Jocelyn looks at her and mouths, "Are you?"

Tianna nods her head and smiles, "Charlotte confirmed it this morning. Tonight I plan to tell him."

Jocelyn hugs her. Goliath walks into the room and walks to us, "Still no pups."

"Charlotte will see me this afternoon for a check-up. She was glad it was Braxton Hicks since she wasn't home that day.  She plans to stay with me until they deliver since the doctor said I am already dilated to 6. I woke up this morning with more of them hicks."

Goliath says, "Well, not as nervous today since Tianna's here."

We hear a voice being cleared. We turn and see Elijah standing on his stage. "It is time for us all to be seated."

Jocelyn then hears footsteps and sees Cynthia walking in. She has tears running down her face.  She asked, "Are you ok?"

Cynthia says, "Let's get the official word. Then I can tell you."  I nod and sit down.

Elijah says, "Thank you all for coming. This week we have been discussing your case, Jocelyn.  You won your plea. Those laws have been banned. Your pups are safe. They will inherit their faith  ERRR sperm donor's inheritance.  Due to the fact you jump was not raised as a top three, it was voted that you have someone beside you to assist and guide you. This past week we had alphas tell us what all you have done. Congratulations on your first week as alpha.

It was, as you know, decided to get someone to mentor you.  We checked various packs, and right now, no alpha or alpha firstborn is eligible to send to assist you because of all the changes recently made by this committee regarding laws."

Jocelyn asks, "What will happen now? Does that mean you won't let Hutton be my mentor? I have another matter I want to bring to the committee."

He smiles and says, "Of course you do. We will discuss this after we decide on the present matter. You have had several Lycan currently helping you. We have had a second son of an Alpha Lycan volunteer assist you. We voted on it, and only one abstained from voting.  I did agree with his decision that it would not be fair for him to vote. All 44/45 committee members eligible to vote voted for Lycan Graham Hutton to assist you if you agree."

Jocelyn replied, "You choose someone I know. Plus, according to him, he is my second chance mate. I have already done a blood bond with him. While healing from delivery, I know the pack will be in good hands as my Luan. He has proven himself worthy several times. I accept your choice, especially since it agrees with what I announced."

She looks at Hutton, "But you must learn to relax a little more and enjoy life. Not be serious all the time. I know I am likely causing you uptight since I still don't feel the mate bond. However, I am grateful to you. Plus, my pack already sees you as our luan after my announcement."

Elijah replies, "Then congratulations, Alpha Jocelyn of Juniper Pack. We can now dismiss this case. I will ask that you present to us your request before we adjourn for today."

Jocelyn smiles and says, "I have recently declared a new ranking system that several of the alphas who assisted me this week agreed with. I would like it officially to be reviewed by the Supernatural Committee before it is turned over for voting by the Werewolf Committee. I want this matter implemented at the start of the new year.  Here is my proposal, and I will use my pack as an example...

JUNIPER PACK RANKING

ALPHA- whether they are the leader of the pack. How they became the leader of the group was disagreed upon. Many wanted to keep their pack tradition, but all who assisted me said they would be willing to have it be firstborn since no later the sex. I was ready to compromise and keep tradition if modified to include us she-wolves.

In my case, I was declared the leader after winning a court case against the previous leader, Xavier Branson.

In the future, the alpha is determined by the status of birth. The firstborn pup, no matter if a boy or girl will become the leader. There is going to be an exception to this rule. If the firstborn has already been born and is a girl, but the younger male sibling has already been announced as alpha, he will be given that rank. This his firstborn will get the level of alpha no matter their sex. However, the pack will have to offer the oldest compensation.

One of the packs I dealt with gets their leaders based on fights. Once every ten years, the current alpha fights other contenders for the rank. Those packs have never allowed girls to fight. He said they could join the fight if they thought they could win.

Though it does not often happen if the firstborn has a disability and it interferes with them being an alpha, the matter can be brought before the Werewolf Council. The next in order of birth can have power shifted to them. This pup has to be tested by outside sources to determine if it cannot fulfill its duty.  For example, a couple of years ago, the Riodin Pack had it's Alpha involved in a car accident. He had brain damage. He now has the mental capacity of a second grader. Their pack has been in turmoil since. Under this change, the Werewolf Committee can declare him unfit.  He would be retired as an Elder. They could get him the help his mate wants to get him, but the family has said no.  The committee could declare one of his sisters their new alpha. If they don't want the rank, they could pass it on to his beta since the current alpha and Luna had no pups before the accident.

As you know, the current alpha rankin Juniper Pack is held by me, Alpha Jocelyn Sommers

Here is the paper of suggested ranks, and she hands it out.

Elijah looks over at the werewolf board. "She has put much thought into this matter this week. She has already talked to some of you and other Alphas and Lunas.  What I propose we do as a supernatural council is a vote that ranks all species groups to the same ranking system. Then let the Werewolf Council decide if they ought to approve the one that Jocelyn and other leaders come up with or change what they feel is necessary. 

"Does anyone wish to abstain from voting?"

Hutton speaks up, "I abstain since it is Jocelyn presenting it."

Elijah nods his head to Hutton.

All in favor, say yes."

You hear the council members call out, "Yes."

"If you're against this idea, vote no." The room is silent.

"The notion is carried. Now let us close down for today and let Jocelyn rejoice in her victory."

Cynthia stands up, "I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the council cannot yet dismiss. Today as I was walking into the building, one of the guards handed me a note." She pulled it out. "I did call and confirm. This morning at 7:45 am, the judge from Jocelyn's case was found murdered in his bed. The note said, "THE JUDGE WAS ONE, AND THERE WILL BE MORE.  ☠️ ☠️☠️XAVIER & XAVIER.

Just then, Jocelyn gasps. "Either I just wet myself, or the pups are coming. My water just broke."