Chapter 27 (revised 06-11-2023)

21 weeks out of 25 weeks

The following day Jocelyn woke up feeling refreshed. She looked at the time and saw it was 8:30. She hopped up and noticed she was in yesterday's clothes. She grabbed a different outfit and took it with her into the bathroom.

She came out a little bit later, all dressed. She slipped on her shoes and went to the kitchen. She saw her friends out there eating breakfast. She grabbed a plate and dished herself out some breakfast. She sat at the table and looked at Cynthia, "When do we go back to council?"

She shrugged her shoulders and waved her hand up in the air. "I know today we don't. The council called an emergency meeting for today for all Alphas and Lunas to report to."

There was a knock on the door. Quinn went to see who it was. It was Zephyr, and he came in. He made himself a cup of tea. "Young lady, your little announcement yesterday had five members removed from power. They were stripped of it, but due to the number of years on the council, they were retired as Elders but are back to their original power before becoming council members. We found out that one member of the werewolf council has a nephew on his mom's side you accused of rape. He was out for revenge. The rest of the werewolf council supported him. My source did not tell me who it was, though. They were given a choice to step down voluntarily and be listed as Elders with no extra powers or be stripped of all powers and elder rank. They all volunteer to step down but don't have older strength. They had the same level of strength before being promoted to council. They were warned if they tried to go after you or anyone associated with you. They would lose their elder status and be thrown into the Lycan's dungeon. They were lucky they were not charged for treason against the council for trying to incite a war."

He looked at Jocelyn. "we have never lost a whole panel before. Elijah called for all the alphas and lunas to gather and vote on five different members to become councilmen or women. Once they are sworn in, they will then go to their packs. Promote their beta up as temporary alpha until their pups come of age if they have pups. If they have no pups, then their beta is permanent alpha. Your hearing won't reconvene until next Monday."

"I cannot see them voting in she-wolves. The lunas usually vote for the same as their mates. This week I am free to do what I wish?"

"You will remain under guard until you finish with the council. As for who gets voted in, I am not sure you are correct. You have caused an uproar in the werewolf world. Let's turn on the tv to the supernatural channel."

We moved to the great room and turned the tv on. Jocelyn and everyone in the room were flabbergasted. Women were holding up signs and marching around. "WOMEN HAVE RIGHTS." " VOTE YOUR CHOICE, NOT HIS." "IT'S TIME TO ADD A SHE-WOLF TO THE COUNCIL."

Jocelyn said, "Oh my goodness, that is mom there, and she is not even a top three."

Cynthia said, "That is Luna Branson there too."

Quinn said, "Look, Tianna is there too."

Winn said, "ok, ladies let us get there. Jocelyn, you started a revolution."

They all marched out, and there were ten she-wolves Lycan, many woman elves and fairies. One of the Lycan stepped up, "We figured you want to go. We all volunteered to be your guards today." Then a bus pulled up, and on the bus was a sign that said, "WE SUPPORT JOCELYN'S REVOLUTION."

Jocelyn had tears form and looked at everyone, "This isn't what I thought would ever happen, but it is past time it did. I just wanted to save my pups and other future pups."

She climbed on the bus, and everyone followed. When they got to the impromptu rally, they climbed off the bus. Her mom ran up and guided her to the top of the steps, where a microphone was set up. Her mom taught her to stand in front.

The crowd started cheering. Jocelyn leaned forward, "I am honored you are all here." The group started quieting down. Jocelyn cleared her throat, "Thank you all for showing up today. When I wrote a communication debate paper almost 24 weeks ago about WHY I AM THE MOST MISUNDERSTOOD, I never expected it ever to be the start of a revolution. I just wanted the right to be trained to teach our youth, both girls and boys, how to defend themselves.

This idea was planted in my head when I was eight years old and my best friend, Sasha, was visiting her grandmother at the Odessa Pack. Rogues attacked that pack. Everyone was killed. I know Sally, my other best friend, and I took it hard. However, Sally disagreed with learning to fight. She still would stick up for me.

This idea was not popular, and I will admit I was bullied about this idea, but I never gave up. When this was shared at a debate at Supernatural's University, I was gang raped. "

Sally gasped, "I am sorry for not supporting you."

Jocelyn looked at Sally.q "I forgave you long ago." She then looked over the rest of the crowd. She saw several other species standing, listening to her. She saw many alphas and Luna standing and listening. She went on to explain an old barbaric law that she defied. She explained about the trial and the results. She then explained what happened yesterday.

"When I started, I was defending my pups. The pups I had bonded with. I was trying to make it so that no other wolf, male or female, had to feel like I did when I lost Sasha. When it started, it was not even considered a revolution, but I am glad to be standing here today. Despite how these pups were conceived, I love them. In four more weeks, I will deliver them. I am requesting all laws from each species be read, and if it is an antiquated law, it is placed on a board of review. The council looks to abolish or update those old fashion laws. It won't be just wolves being reviewed."

Someone called out, "What kind of laws are you wanting to be changed?"

She looked at the person in the audience who called out the question, "You are a goblin. One of your laws states when a girl goblin turns 18, she goes to a mating ball where she has two years to find them. If not found, her leader will force her to bond with the first male to claim her. Males can mate at any age unless he is a leaders. Then he must force a bond on anyone the elders assign. No one should be forced bond in this day and age."

Jocelyn looked over at where many Alphas and Lunas were listening to her, "Alphas and Lunas, when you go into the council today and vote for the five to represent our great race, I ask you to vote for ones you know have integrity, and honor. Vote for whom you feel will be the best choice for our people. Lunas, vote with your heart and head. In the many past, Lunas have followed their mates' votes, and I ask you only to follow their vote if you agree with it, no matter if male or female."

The crowd went wild. Some agreed, and some disagreed with what was said. The Alphas and Lunas then turned and walked into the building. Three and half hours later, Elijah came out, "Ladies and gentlemen, we did have an interesting development. I am proud to announce the new five council members to represent the werewolf section of the supernatural council."

"