Chapter 22 (revised 06/10/2023)

Week 18

The next day at about 10:00 am, the court was called into session. Jocelyn came in looking pale. She woke up that morning vomiting. Zane took her to the doctor, and he gave her something to settle the stomach. The doctor felt it was just nerves and morning sickness.

When they walked in, Cynthia and Cerberus asked if she was ok. Even the judge asked. The judge added, "If you start to feel ill, that door in the front corner takes you to a hall. There's a restroom right across from here. Bailiff, please show it to her before we begin." He showed her. The court began.

The Bailiff said, "The first person to testify today is the defense, Alpha Terrance White, Crimson Red." He stood up and walked to the witness chair, and sat down.

Mr. Varnish stated, "My clients will be testifying but changing their plea. They still state they did not rape her, but eight mateless male wolves did get overwhelmed by Jocelyn going into heat. Mr. White will testify that Xavier was not involved in taking Ms. Sommers." He then turned to Mr. White; please tell the court in your own words what happened that day in the woods."

He, first of all, looked over at his Uncle and nodded his head. He then looked at Jocelyn. "Until we were detained, we did not realize what you felt. I do owe you an apology. I had been out with eight friends. We were super excited that day. Earlier that day, we had won the district soccer tournament. We did go and have a few drinks. We were running back home when we caught your scent. We did not realize you were unaware you had gone into heat. You took off running. This caused our wolves to go into predator mode. I will admit I am the one who knocked you down."

He looked down as ashamed, "I grew up; if an unmated she-wolf goes into heat, she is taken to the closest mating building. We took you to the mating building on the edge of the school grounds. We chained you down. We stepped into the hallway. I then called my uncle since I had never dealt with this."

He then looked over to the jury, "Jocelyn's scent was driving us mad, and we started to fight between us. As the highest-ranking alpha there, I managed to beat the others. I chained the guys to the wall, but before I could chain myself, Jocelyn cried out in heat pain. My wolf took over. When I was sated, I did what I was raised to do. I unhooked the next ranking wolf. By the time my uncle got the messages, we had started round two, and I will admit we all took turns by then, and sometimes we took her in even our wolf form. She even shifted without us commanding her. She was a full bitch in heat, and I will admit we were all in a frenzy when my uncle finally got the message. He came and cleaned up the mess. By then, you were coming down from the heat. My uncle Xavier is only guilty of covering up our exploits, but he never touched you."

He took a deep breath and turned back toward Jocelyn, "As is our custom, if the pup turns out to be mine, I will become your mate."

Jocelyn stood up, "No. I will not mate anyone who has that barbaric of a custom. Plus, I was not in heat when you kidnap me. I do not accept your false claim." She then sat down and turned her head to have tears running down her face. She looked at Cynthia and whispered, "he is lying."

They called the five other wolves up, and all made similar statements. Then the bailiff called, "Alpha Xavier Branson of Crimson Shadow." He stood up and walked to the witness chair, and sat down.

Mr. Varnish asked, "Alpha Xavier, can you tell us in your own words what happened between your family packs and Jocelyn?"

"Yes, I saw the missed call the next day. I listened to Terrance's message. One thing Terrance did not do was tell me where he was at. I didn't even know who the she-wolf in the heat was. I kept trying to reach him and my sons.

I got a phone call from Alpha Solomon about a missing she-wolf. It was then I felt dread. I did not want to admit my nephew and sons were also missing. I did not want to accept what I suspected since his pack did not follow our traditions.