Chapter 23 (revised 06/10/2023)

Week 19

Jocelyn was taken to the hospital. She was treated for shock. When she woke up, it was three days later. Cynthia told her, "We have been waiting for you to wake up."

Lycan Cyrabus was sitting in the room to "welcome back Alpha Sommers."

She looked at him strangely. Then they asked, "How long have I been out!"

"Today is day 3," Cynthia said.

"After the Alpha, Xavier tried to attack his mate. Beta Zane defended her and was killed. You were sent to the hospital. We had the paternity results read. Alpha Terrence White from Crimson Red is the father of baby one. Beta Peter Branson from Crimson Shadow is the father of babies two and three. Delta Kyle Browling from Crimson Blood is the father of baby four."

Jocelyn looks at Lycan Cerberus, "They are not the fathers. They are the sperm donors."

He looked at her, "I stand corrected. They were listed as sperm donors. The jury then did listen to the guard's testimony. The guard confirmed your story. He was the one who did not rape you. He also was the one who had written the letter stating where you could be found. It was a coincidence they had left before your alpha got there. He sent the letter as soon as he was able to get away. He honestly seemed innocent. He was only there because he had shifted at age 12. He was only 15, but most thought he was older since he had a wolf for three years. He was very upset about your rape that he was sent back to his parents.

After his testimony, both sides had no more witnesses. We did closing arguments. The judge then ordered the jury sent to chambers. This morning they came back, and all were found guilty. A warrant was issued to have the other two wolves also prosecuted, but due to the one being so young, it was decided he would get counseling. He would also be placed under Alpha Goliath since they had a counseling program. Plus, that is what they are doing to the guard. His name will be sealed."

Cynthia added, "The jury recommended that Alpha Xavier get served the maximum penalty. Then the jury recommended that all top three left in those packs be stripped of their ranks. They said to merge those three packs as one. You will be name Alpha with the guardian of discipline being the Lycan of the packs until your pups come of age and can take over, or you get a second chance, mate."

Lycan Cerebus said, "I agreed, and we will let you choose whom you wish for it to be."

Jocelyn said, "That is an easy decision, the Lycan guard: Didius, Artemis, Apollo, and Orion. I am unsure if you can be included since you're a lawyer.

Cerebus replied, "As long as I work as a prosecutor, I cannot work for you. I can tell you that three of those Lycan recently found their mates."

"Then add their mates to the list. When the fourth finds his mate, they can be added."

Cerebus said, "The judge signed off on the initial paperwork. I will review the supplement for him to sign off that states whom you have named. Then send you and the supernatural council the official paperwork."

Cynthia looked at her, "The werewolves council has already filed grievances on this, but we will wait until after the memorial for Beta Zane and your midwife to give the ok for your health to send them the official answer."

Jocelyn teared up and asked, "When will his memorial be?"

Cynthia replied, "The next full moon is in six days. You will be on bed rest until then."

"