Chapter 29 (revised 06/12/2023)

Week 21

The following day Jocelyn woke up early. She got up and got dressed. She grabbed her purse and went into the great room. No one was awake in the house at 7:25 am. She walked outside. She saw that Zane's SUV was still parked at the side of her home. She went to it and opened up the door. His keys were where he always kept them- in the ignition. She climbed into it and took off toward town.

The first place she stopped was Lowe's. She went in and got several shades of paint. Plus, she got tarps, paintbrushes, paint pans, ladders, and edgers. She paid the store to deliver it.

Next, she went to an infant store. She chose four different infant room designs. The first set chose a bleach blond crib color. With a blue truck on it for Charles' room. Then she got to a dresser/changing table/ nightstand and toy box, also in the bleach blond color. The drawers were in primary colors, with the knobs being various Tonka trucks. This would blend in excellently with the pastel blue wall paint she chose.

She decided to paint Davis' room an off-white color. In his room, she decided to go with a dinosaur theme. The crib, dresser, and toy chest were dark walnuts, with the handles being various dinosaurs. She accented it with a light green and cream color with splashes of burnt orange.

She had chosen a pastel green for Guinevere's room. She decided to accent it with ivory edging. She wore an ivory color, crib, dresser, and toy box. I decided to go with a pink elephant theme here. She also added pink elephant knobs. She chose pink curtains and a lamp. Then added, a chandelier light.

In the last room, Elizabeth's room, she went with a pastel grey color wall. The crib, dressers, end table, and toy box were white. Then she decided to go with purple accents of butterflies and flowers. These knobs were various type es of flowers. She arranged for the furniture to be delivered.

She went to a car dealership and bought her a minivan. She arranged for Zane's vehicle to be sent back to the pack. She drove out of the dealership and decided she was hungry. She went to a diner, and as she walked in, she saw Hutton, Scott, and Zander walking into the restaurant. When Hutton made eye contact with her, he walked over to her. He looked around and asked, "Where is your security detail, Jocelyn."

She looked at him, surprised when Scott and Zander approached them. They two looked around but said nothing. She sighed, "I walked out of the house while they all were still sleeping." They all growled. She looked at them, "I decided I wanted to get stuff for the pups. I need to get their rooms ready. Don't you growl at me? You are not my alpha, parents, or mate. Well, thank goodness you're not my mate. He was a total jackass."

Hutton looked at her, "you don't know?"

"Know what?"

"Never mind. How about we get something to eat? Then contact your security detail."

"How did you know about my security detail?"

Scott said, "After yesterday, I think everyone knows you. You made some powerful enemies of the old werewolf council, which is why you're supposed to be with security. Plus, we are part of the council but haven't been introduced yet."

"Well, I am not going home until I finish shopping. But I have to eat first. Then I must pick up the stroller, car seats, and highchairs I ordered.  I have a lot to do. I have to get ready for the pups."

Hutton replied, "We will be your security and escort you back home after you're done shopping."

They went inside and ordered their meals. Scott called Elder Zephyr to report where Jocelyn was. He said, "She is in her room. We checked in on her, and she is asleep."