Chapter 17 (revised 06/09/2023)

17 weeks pregnant

Georgette checked me over before the movie. We watched Jumanji. When the movie ended, Georgette said, "I have decided, starting tomorrow, I am lifting bed restrictions. You have now been ten days with no spotting after that one procedure. Tonight was our last night of having a movie night in your room after that little scare." The gang cheered at that announcement. Then started giving hugs as they filed out of my room.

When everyone had left and closed the door, I made several phone calls since it was only 8:30 pm. The first call I made was to Alpha Solomon. The phone rang, and he answered, "Hello, Alpha Solomon."

"Solomon," I intentionally said, "this is Jocelyn."

He growled at my disrespect, "That is Alpha Solomon to you."

"You already know when you will start to be called alpha. When you give me respect, I will return the favor?"

He once again growled.

"Anyhow, what I was calling about is tomorrow. I want a meeting. As of tonight, my midwife lifted my bed restriction. I want you, Mom, Dad, my brothers, and their mates here. I will serve lunch at noon. Then after the meal, we discuss what will be going on. Will you be able to be there while they are here? I would also like for you to let them talk with me."

"I will lift the shunning while we are there if you refer to me as Alpha Solomon."

"I will refer to you as Alpha Solomon as long as you are respectful toward me, but if you act disrespectful, I will warn by saying, Solomon. If you return to being respectful, I will return the favor. Is that a fair negation?"

"I used to think you were a kind and respectful girl. You have grown a backbone. I haven't decided if I like it or not. We will have a truce when there. During that time, we will lift the shunning."

"I will see you and the others tomorrow. I will have Zane at the luncheon too. Then you can decide if you want the Delta and his mate here."

"We will all be there. Thank you. See you tomorrow."

Next, I called Zephyr. "Hello, Jocelyn. I heard you were off bed rest. How are you feeling?"

"I am feeling better. I am calling for a favor."

"What do you need?"

"I saw you have a large pavilion in your backyard when I was walking around and wondered if I could use it tomorrow for a large barbecue luncheon."

"Yes, that can be arranged, but you won't do anything. How many people will be there?"

"That is the second part of the favor. I want to invite the fairy council and the werewolf council. Can you get the word out to them? Plus, ask the top 3 and their mates from my pack, mountain moon, cayenne, then a few more whom you might think appropriate. If I figure it out, it will be 40-50, but I don't know if the council will want their mates.  Plus, I don't want to offend anyone by leaving them out.

"I can invite them, but what is the purpose of this barbecue? That will tell me whom I should invite."

"The first will be to introduce them to the babies. Several wolves still want to refer to them as abominations. They will be introduced as Alpha Charles Sommers, Beta Guinevere Sommers, Beta Elizabeth Sommers, and Delta Davis Sommers in memory of my grandparents, who were great wolves. I had an ultrasound done today before from a portable machine that Georgette brought. I sent the photos to the university. One of my former classmates is making them into a large 10 x 15 feet collage. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow by 10 am."

"What would you have done if I had said no to the pavilion?"

I would be just calling smaller groups to my house and making four or five different announcements from my dining room table. Since you said yes, I will let everyone know I am not the friendly Jocelyn anymore. I am a mother wolf who is going to fight. I am throwing down the gauntlet in person. I am not going to hide behind my pack, my friends, my ex. The saying, ''I am as mad as hell and not going to take it anymore."

"Fair enough. I will invite their mates and sparks. If anyone gets upset, their mates and sparks can calm them down. I am going to call my favorite catering company. They will set everything up. Send me the list of whom you wish to invite, and I will add my name. I will also call my favorite party planner and tell them it is a "Baby Q" surprise shower for you. I will even call the people on your list and tell them. You won't have to make any calls."

"I already called my alpha and invited them. My family is invited, and he has agreed during the time here will be a truce, and shunning will be lifted."

"I will call and tell them about the surprise shower."

"I just messaged you my part of the list. We should invite the Lycan guard: Didius, Artemis, Apollo, and Orion, who are staying here or at least have 4 plates made up for them."

Zephyr called me back at about 10:30 pm. "Everything is set up. You must act surprised when you realize the meeting is now a baby shower.

The Lycan guard declines because they take their jobs seriously. They will be patrolling the area during the gathering. However, the catering company will make four boxed lunches in supersize for them when their schedule dictates they can. Everything is planned. See you tomorrow."

"