Chapter 35 (revised 06-19-2023)

Week 23

Jocelyn just stared at the door that Hutton walked out of. She asked her wolf, "Is it true? Is he my second chance, mate? It sounds like he wants me and the pups?"

Her wolf replied, "I have been so focused on the pups and hurt by Frank's rejection that I haven't tried to reach out to him like that."

"Well, we will table this for now. We have a new pack to run and pups to prepare for. But let us invite him to participate in things and get to know him as a friend. Make sure it is us he wants and not the pack."

Elijah's voice comes through, "Jocelyn? Jocelyn? Are you ok?"

She shakes her head and looks toward him, "Yes, I am ok. Just surprised." She looked toward Scott and Zander, "Tell him I am not ready for commitment, but tell him to stop by at suppertime to hang out to get to know each other. Right now, my wolf and I don't feel the mate pull, but we feel friendship toward him. He must accept sharing me with my pack and my pups."

She then looked at Goliath, "Please, will you order everyone to silence until I am healed from all that happened and ready to accept or reject Hutton?"

Goliath asked Elijah, "as a new member can I do that?"

Elijah replied, "She recognizes you as werewolf council. You can look at your Lead/trainer Adam to make the official request, and as a council, we can vote to seal that oath/order."

Before Goliath can turn to Councilman Adam, we hear Adam say, "I, Councilman Adam, request a vow of silence about Councilman Graham Hutton and Alpha Jocelyn Sommers being mates until she accepts or rejects him. The exception will be Councilman Zander and Councilman Scott, as they act as ambassadors between the two. They can be his sounding board. I request a thirty-minute recess for each group to decide if they will accept this request. Then in thirty minutes, the leaders of each group cast their acceptance or not."

Elijah nodded, "All in this room cannot say anything to anyone outside of those present for the next hour. Jocelyn, you and Cynthia have a seat." He looked at the guards, "Go back to your duties, but no discussing what happened here."

Forty minutes later, the vowel of silence happened, but they added Jocelyn could use Tianna, Goliath, and Cynthia as her sounding board.

Jocelyn was then told before she left to report back Monday while they worked out the fine details. She knew the three packs would merge as one. She decided with the merge; they should do away with the name Crimson. She decided they would be named Juniper Pack.

She went to the pack, and the first thing she did was freeze all the accounts and order a complete audit. She then set up new accounts under the name Juniper. When the audit is done, transfer all its money into one account. She also discovers on his computer, there were seven different hidden accounts with passwords that they could hack. She moved that money into the new Juniper account. She all of a sudden had $567,322,988.62 in it.

She got a phone call while Alpha Solomon and her were still working on things in the room she uses as an office. The phone rings, and she absentmindedly answers, "Hello."

"Well, if it isn't the thief. You take my money, and I better get it back, or blood will be spilled."

"Who is this?" Alpha Solomon stops what he is looking at and looks at her. She presses the button for the speaker and motions him to be quiet.

"I heard you managed to steal my territory. If you don't release my money, you won't live long enough to see those pups born."

Jocelyn growls, "Xavier, you need to turn yourself in."