Chapter 28 (revised 06/11/2023)

21 weeks

The crowd started applauding. Councilman Elijah held up his hands to indicate for the public to quiet down. "As I started to say today, all the Alphas and Lunas came together to vote for five new members. We did have a few loopholes happen. We had one person who got the majority of the votes, but he turned it down. It was Alpha Solomon. He said he was honored by the vote of confidence, but with his pack recently losing their beta, he could not accept. He felt his pack needed him." Many applauded and howled in support of his decision.

Then our second person was voted in. We had to determine if eligible. The courts made a new alpha for Crimson, so according to the courts, she is no longer Luna. She is an Elder. It was determined since the council hasn't voted in support of this judgment that Luna Branson from Crimson Shadow is the first female werewolf on the Supernatural Council." The crowd went wild. When they quieted down, he continued.

"Then we had a wolf and his mate both nominated, but the question was asked if she was eligible to be a representative on the council since she wasn't a werewolf but a Luna. The argument was that she was recognized as an honorary wolf because of the rank of Luna. We then had the fairy leaders called. Since we had an opening in the fairy board, she was placed there. I am honored to announce the first mated couple in the council, Alpha Goliath and Luna Tianna." The crowd went wild again. "She is now considered the wolf side until she can undergo the fairy eligibility training. We think she will then be moved. Still have to work out those details, but that is the plan for the future. Who knows, she might stay on the werewolf side.  They will right now have slots two and three." There were more howls and applause.

"The fourth member voted in is from one of the smallest packs, Summit Pack. This pack has decided to merge into the second smallest pack, Wheat Meadow Pack. Their official name change will be Golden Summit Pack. There is a valley that connects these two packs. It was voted one week before the next full moon that all packs will come together for an old fashion house building. They will build a new pack house that blends both groups. Then will bless the house the night of the full moon. Anyone is welcome to sign up to volunteer to help." The crowd started to clap and when quieted down. Elijah laughed. "You all started howling before I announced his name. Alpha Tony Stock will represent the council. Alpha Edward Ingles will be the new alpha of Golden Summit." Everyone started clapping again. These two groups did not have deltas, but both had betas. Alpha Stocks beta comes from a beta background. Beta Jack Smythe will officially become the new pack's beta. We will have Alpha Edward's beta, who earned the spot, become the group's first Delta. He has agreed since he has no Beta blood in his heritage. His future pups will officially become the first generation of passed down the delta rank. When we do the pack house building, they will plan an open house barbecue in celebration." There were more howls in celebrations. Many Alphas called out they would help with the installation.

"Well, we also had difficulty appearing with the last position. They tried to add a name who wasn't eligible. She wasn't eligible because we had decided earlier that Luna Branson was. Yes, they tried to give a spot to someone the council hasn't yet voted into the position. Jocelyn, they wanted you, but you were not eligible since we hadn't voted you in yet.

We had to compromise on an idea. No one has experience in the werewolf board or knows all the rules of council etiquette. We have asked Elder Adam Farra from Mountain Moon Pack to step out of retirement and train his grandson, Goliath, and the others on council rules and etiquette. Then in one year, he will go back into retirement. We will let you vote for his replacement."

The crowd started clapping. When it quieted down, he added. We will reconvene to go over Jocelyn's case in 13 days."

Jocelyn looked at him and said, "I am currently 21 weeks. I will be 23 by then. I guess I will spend this time getting the rooms ready for the pups."

He looked at me and said, "Werewolf pregnancy is 25 weeks. We can see if we can move the date up faster, but no promises."

"