Chapter 31

Zayn's POV

This is it. No more Allison and I. We’re done. I can’t keep chasing her. I can’t keep trying to keep her. I can’t force her to stay and I can’t change her mind.

I’ve given up. She’s set the line and I can’t cross it anymore. She can’t stay and she doesn’t want to. I have to respect that. Even if it means I have to force myself to stop loving her.

I’m going to be honest with you; I didn’t know that I was in love with her until I got asked by Michelle during the interview. Once she asked me, the first thing I said in my head was no. But then I thought about everything that has happened between us over the years. How we were friends before and how I always kind of liked her to now. Now the world thinks we’re dating and I want to have a serious relationship with her and just be with her. That’s when I realized that throughout everything, I loved her. What kept pushing me through the arguments and drama was the fact that I loved her. My love for her is what kept me chasing after her.

She loves me too. I was so happy when she said it. I just wanted to forget about everything that was happening and just be with her. I didn’t want any of this. I didn’t ask for her to go through anything she’s gone through and to be taken away from me when I finally felt like I had her. All I wanted was everything to be ok between us.

But then she said she couldn’t love me.

That was the last straw. Those words crushed me the second she said it. She loves me, and she wants to love me, but she can’t. I’ve tried to help her but she just won’t accept any of it. She insists on going back and forgetting everything that ever happened between us.

I can’t take that. So I guess it’s time for me to play my part in this. Now I have to forget. I don’t want to, but I can’t handle loving someone who won’t love me back.

Anyways, I was never supposed to do anything with her. Niall even said the day that she moved in that no one was allowed to date her, yet alone touch her in any way.

Thinking about her makes me miss her even more. It hasn’t even been long since I last saw her and I’m already in need of her touch.

I haven’t kissed her in so long.

I crave her lips. Her kisses can be so gentle yet so rough, she knows how to kiss with passion and every time I think about it, I want it.

Everything about her is perfect. Sometimes I forget that she’s the sister of my best friend. I didn’t even think about how Niall would feel about me sneaking around with her. But I guess that doesn’t matter anymore, there is no more us, so there’s nothing to worry about.

I threw on my coat and slipped on my shoes before heading out to the balcony. Smoking more helped me lose the craving of touching her, being near her or even thinking about her.

Holding the cigarette between my lips, I flicked the lighter until a little flame appeared before my eyes. I held it at the end of the cigarette until it was lit.

While inhaling the smoke I heard the balcony door open. I didn’t turn to look who it was. I just focused on my cigarette and watched as a cloud of smoke formed in front of me as it escaped my lips.

The figure came by my side and I immediately knew who it was. It was Louis, and I know what he’s here for.

“What happened between you and Ally?” He asked looking in my direction, but I kept my head forward and eyes off to the side away from him.

“Nothing happened.”

He chuckled as his hand gently hit my shoulder. “C’mon mate, I already knew that you and her had a thing, she told me remember? But something happened. You won’t even stay in the same room as her for more than 5 seconds.”