Chapter 34

Allison’s POV

I arrived back to the all too familiar streets of my old neighbourhood way too soon. My head was pounding and my nerves were getting the best of me.

I didn’t want to be back here.

I left here and planned on never looking back.

I guess I knew deep down that Shawn would find me. But at the same time I didn’t think he’d actually look into finding me. Especially this soon. But leave it to him to make me come back when everything finally started to look better in my life.

I was so happy back there with Niall, Zayn and the rest of the boys. I felt so welcomed and loved and I already miss the feeling. I don’t even want to think about them right now. I can only imagine what’ll happen when they wake up.

Niall’s already confused on why I was crying with him last night and now he’s going to be more confused when he sees that I’m gone. He’s going to be so hurt. How could I do that to him? How can I leave when he’s helped me through so much?

I miss all of them already and all I can do is hope that Shawn doesn’t make me stay.

I made it into the not-so-missed building and before I knew it I was standing in front of my old home’s front door.

I felt my heart begin to pound as I tried to build the strength to knock on the door. I don’t want to be here. That’s my number one problem. Maybe if I wanted to be here coming back wouldn’t be so hard. Maybe if I didn’t know that my life is going to take a major turn for the worst once I step inside I’d knock more willingly.

I hate to admit it, but I’m scared. Before, I wasn’t scared of Shawn, my mother and all the bad people who influenced me throughout my life, but now...now I’m scared. I’ve been so used to living around a welcoming and loving environment; I’m not sure how easily I’ll be able to get back to my old routine.

I hastily knocked on the door and within seconds the door was open.

“Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to come back?”  A creepy smile was plastered on Shawn’s face and I already felt uncomfortable.

“I didn’t really decide to come back.” I spat, squinting my eyes at him as I crossed my arms around my chest.

He smiled. “Well you haven’t changed that much, have you?”

He grabbed my forearm and yanked me into the house. He didn’t bother being gentle. He slammed the door behind him and locked the multiple locking options.

The house was still a mess. There were empty beer bottles everywhere and it reeked of Marijuana. My stomach churned as I saw my mom sitting on the couch smiling as she saw me.

“Want to know how much money I had to pay to get you out of that damn situation with that gang you decided to mess with?”

“I didn’t mess with anyone!”

“Really? Last time I checked you were Allison Sherly? Am I right?”

I nodded.

“Alright, Allison. If you didn’t mess with anyone, how come they were looking for you?”

“It’s not my damn fault that she couldn’t keep her damn mouth shut!” I yelled pointing at my mother. The one who got me into this mess in the first place.

“Shut your mouth, we don’t want to hear your excuses.”

I rolled my eyes as I waited for him to continue.

“But that doesn’t matter anymore because I got you out of that mess. Want to know how?”

I kept quiet because, well, I don’t really care. I just want to get out of here. He took my lack of response as acceptance.