Chapter 37

Zayn’s POV

Things are getting a little ridiculous around here. Besides the fact that Ally completely broke her promise about calling me often, Niall is going nuts. He hasn’t been sleeping and for the past 3 weeks, he’s been dedicating his life to finding Ally. All he wants is to hear her voice and hear her say that she’s still alive.

I wish that I could tell him I know where she is and I tell him that everything is okay. Although nothing is okay, he deserves to know that she isn’t dead. I don’t know what’s keeping me from telling him anymore. I should just spill it out to him, but I feel like I also need to listen to Ally when she said that I can’t tell him.

I thought that maybe over time I’d start to forget about her and maybe even move on, but nothing happened. If anything, she’s on my mind more often now than before. I miss her. I miss her smile, her laugh, her attitude, her lips... her everything.

I miss being able to fool around secretly with her, stealing kisses when no one’s looking and just having an average conversation with her.

I try not to think much about what might be happening to her down there.

I’ve been trying to convince myself that she’s changed since she came here. Now she knows better than to smoke or to deal. She’s stronger now than she was before. She can handle being back there.

But at the same time, as much as all that is true, I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s fallen back into her old habits.

It hurts just thinking about her falling back into her old routines.

Niall has been going through all lengths trying to find her. I’ve managed to keep him from going to the police, but I don’t think I’ll be able to hold him back for much longer.

He’s been suspicious as to why I won’t let him go to the police, and I’m sure the rest of the boys are too, but I’m trying my best to keep my promise to Ally without completely giving away that I know where she is.

It’s about 10:30pm right now, and from what I was aware of, we were all in bed. But I heard a muffling sound coming from the living room.

I was up on my feet and in the room immediately. There I saw Niall wearing his black jacket and his phone tucked between his shoulder and his ear as he attempted to slip on his shoes.

I gave him a questioning look, which was ignored as he continued to talk on the phone.

“I’m coming over right now.” He said sternly. “I’ll be there in a few hours, I have to drive there.”

What the hell is happening? Where is he going?

“Tell her everything will be alright.”

My ears caught his last sentence before he hung up the phone. It had to have something to do with Ally.

“Niall, what’s happening?” I asked, walking up to his side.

He looked back at me in disgust and anger. Why, though? I’m not sure, but I need to find out.

“Get the hell out of my way, Zayn. You’re the last person I want to see right now.” He spat, brushing past me and towards the front door.

I grabbed a hold of his forearm, stopping him from moving. He obviously wasn’t happy about my sudden movement; he spun around and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, slamming against the wall closest to my left.

“I swear to God, Zayn. I will hurt you.” He threatened, tightening his grip on the cloth surrounding my neck.

“What did I do, Niall? Please explain. And where are you going at this time that’s a few hours away? This doesn’t seem right.”