Chapter 32

Zayn’s POV

Today is Allison’s last day and the worst thing is watching her look so happy sitting down and talking to Niall and the rest of the boys. Knowing that within hours that smile will just be a faint memory.

I know that when she leaves, Niall’s going to take it hard. He’s lost her once and losing her again is going to crush me. As much as I’m trying to hide it, it’s going to crush me watching her leave.

I can’t say that I didn’t try, because I did. I did more than try, I begged and every other thing you can think of. Her hearts set on going and there’s nothing I can do.

I watched them closely as I sipped my glass of water. She was sitting crossed legged on the couch facing Niall. They were playing some kind of handshake game where you have to do the certain handshake over and over again but faster each time. They looked like they were having fun. Ally had the brightest smile playing on her lips... It was contagious. I found myself smiling just watching her bond with her brother. Everyone else was watching them in amusement as they watched them mess-up on the handshake once the speed was too much.

Anger washed through me as I began to think a little more. How can she do this to Niall? How can she just leave him? How can she leave me and the rest of the boys too? We’ve all grown so close to her and I know that everyone’s going to be affected by it.

But then again I remembered her answer. “I have to. He’ll hurt all you if I don’t go.”

Why won’t she just let me handle this? I can get the police involved and everything will work out better in the end. She’ll be safer for the rest of her life; she’ll be able to actually live. She can resume her life here with me and everyone else without having to worry about going out at night and being asked for some kind of service.

But then it all goes back to her. She’s just so set on leaving. I don’t think she really knows how much she means to us all. Although I’ve been keeping my distance from her, minimizing conversation and just ignoring her all in general, it’s going to kill me when she leaves.

These past few weeks I’ve fell so in love with her that now, I’m realising just how much she means to me.

Allison’s POV

I could tell he was watching me.

From the corner of my eye, I saw him examining everything I was doing. I pretended not to notice, but I did.

Having his attention only made me pretend to be having more fun than I really was. I guess the fact that he has been avoiding me for the past few days and now seeing that he’s watching me only makes me a little happy. It gives me a little hope that he isn’t as mad as he’s acting out to be. But then again, I am only hoping.

I guess I feel some regret about the decision I made, I guess now that I feel so much closer to everyone the bad feeling of just leaving them is starting to take over.

Today is the deadline.

I have to leave.

I don’t want to, but I have to. I can’t let Shawn hurt anyone. He can hurt me as much as he wants but I don’t think I’ll be able to handle knowing that he hurt one of the boys. If I can stop that from happening, I’m willing to risk myself, even if it means never talking to any of them again.

I knew from the start that I shouldn’t grow close to any of the boys in more than a friendly way.

I kept telling myself over and over again.

I was doing well, but that was until I realized just how safe I felt in Zayn’s arms. And with every kiss we shared I found myself leaning onto him more and more. Now, look where that’s gotten me.