Chapter 39

Allison’s POV

I looked up at Zayn, the tape that was once covering his mouth was no longer there. It was in the hands of Shawn and to know he used his first breath to call my name warmed my heart, but easily I fell back into feeling cold and hurt.

I watched Shawn and Curt laugh at Zayn’s desperation to help me, along with Niall’s. The two men found this whole situation funny. Nothing about this is funny.

I’ve never been so scared in my life. Everything has gone from bad to worse, and they find it amusing. They’re disgusting.

Shawn and Curt were talking about something quietly. I didn’t try to listen to their conversation because there were too many thoughts jumbled in my mind. My head was facing the ground still; I no longer wanted to look at Zayn, Niall, Shawn, Curt, or any of the masked men holding them down. I can’t bear watching them get hurt any longer. I still feel horrible for the two to ever get in this situation and the guilt inside me grows by the second.

I never should have come to them.

I should have just stayed here in Bradford with Shawn and my mum. I should have just lived my old life for a little longer and maybe, just maybe, none of this would happen. Niall wouldn’t watch me getting hurt; he wouldn’t be getting hurt and the same thing with Zayn.

I never should have gotten so close to Zayn either.

I really think I love him, and I shouldn’t feel this way. Feeling like this towards him has only made this situation worse. Shawn knows how we feel for each other and he’s using it to hurt me a little more. I can’t deal with that. Maybe if I never let my walls down and kept my guard high, I would have fallen so hard- and neither would have he.

If only I made smarter choices, neither of them would be in this situation.

And it’s all because of me.

“Curt and I are going to grab a bite to eat; will the three of you try not to leave?” Shawn joked as him and Curt walked towards the door.

I didn’t reply. My mind still tried to block out the noise of my thoughts and everyone around me. But no matter what, I always managed to hear someone talking. I knew by the Irish accent that Niall made some remark.

I looked up to see what was happening; I felt the need to cover myself. I was still bare in nothing but my bra and a pair of shorts. I wanted to hide myself but with my wrists tied together behind my back, I didn’t much of a choice.

Shawn and Curt left the room and soon so did the men with the Ski masks. 

The empty space was filled with our three bodies. None of us knew what to say. We were all a little star struck at everything that has happened. We all wanted to speak but none of us knew what to say.

I looked at Niall, my brother who had always wanted to be a part of my life. I guess he never thought that anything like this would ever happen. His eyes-the ones that were the exact same as mine- looked dull and dark. The anger in him is evident.

Then I looked at Zayn. His features were all tense, his eyes were dark and just like Niall- he looked angry. I watched as his chest rose and fell repeatedly. He was deep in thought and I couldn’t help but wonder what he was thinking about.

Without notice, I felt a tear or two spills from my eyes. It felt cool against my burning cheek, in a weird way I liked it. But why I was crying? I don’t know. Maybe finally everything is getting too much. As much as I want to pull off the strong girl who can hold everything in, I can’t. I’m not that girl anymore. Maybe I used to be, but now I’m a different person.