Chapter 3 - The Meet

Published on 07.03.2021

● A A R O H I ●

Fuck fuck fuck !!

I should've called Kiara and let her know that I'm back so that she could also be back and I could be spared from making breakfast. My stomach growled in hunger. The thought of stepping into the kitchen and prepare something itself made me groan. I looked around in the cabinets and fridge and settled on making bread butter as it won't take much time. Smart!

'You mean lazy,' my subconscious chided.

Shut up! I sat down on the recliner with the plate on my lap. Just when I was about to take a bite and soothe my appetite, my cell rang. Why can't people give me few moments of peace?

Unknown number. I frowned. I picked up the call when an eerily familiar sound was heard from the other side. I remembered it instantly. It was his voice.

"Hello. Dr Sharma?" His voice hoarse and deep.

"Hello V-Vihaan." I replied uncertainly.

Why is he even calling me? The start of a new day couldn't be any worse.

"Yeah. It's me. Actually we weren't able to talk yesterday to each other so since you've a leave today let's meet today and discuss few things." His voice was calm yet so calculated which made me slightly nervous.

Wait why should I be nervous? Actually wait! How dare he just tell me to come and meet when the first thing he should be asking is if I want to meet or not which obviously I don't want to. Great! Fucking great! One more person in my life who didn't care about my opinions.

Meri koi feelings nahi hai?
(Don't I've any feelings?"

Composing myself and mustering up enough courage to make my voice sound as intimidating as his personality I said, "Mr Agarwal shouldn't your first question be if I'm okay to meet you or not?" I raised my eyebrows before realising that he couldn't see me.

He took a pause before replying back, "Dr Sharma I suppose the purpose of yesterday's meet between both of our families was to fix our marriage and in accordance to that we were supposed to talk which unfortunately couldn't happen and since you're on leave, I don't see any reason why would you not want to meet me." His tone was formal and cool as if his answer was meant to defy my previous reply. No wonder he was a businessman. Narcissist!

"Fine," I grumbled. "But I'm not free till 7 as my leave has been cancelled. So let's meet around 7:30 at my apartment. I'll text you the address." I was in no mood to go to any restaurant or cafe after my shift is over.

"No worries. I'll pick you up by your hospital." He said casually.

"NO!"

"What?"

"I have my scooty and I can come back on my own. So thank you very much."

"Don't be silly Dr Sharma. I'll pick you up since MG hospital falls on my way. End of the discussion. I'll see you at 7." I didn't even get a chance to reply because that narcissist hung up. Why does nobody listen to me? Why do people keep ordering me? What am I? A two year old toddler?!