Chapter 16 - Circus

Published on 29.04.2021

● A U T H O R ●

Maybe it wasn't that bad of an idea to stay under the same roof. Maybe it wasn't that bad to sit together and have food. Maybe it wasn't that bad to talk a little about their days at work while having dinner. And maybe it wasn't that difficult to stay with each other as they thought earlier. This was only until Friday arrived.

Vihaan and Aarohi were similar yet very different from each other. They grew up in different lifestyles. Their approach to life and situations were different. But one thing that they had in common was they were their own person who hardly ever had to adjust and compromise since they spent a considerable amount of time staying with their own self, all alone and not to forget they were determined as hell.

Vihaan had just taken a shower after coming back from a tiring day. Hanging a towel around his neck and brushing his wet hair with it, he went to the kitchen to grab something for himself. He stopped in his tracks at the entrance when his eyes fell on the willowy woman in front of him who was standing on her toes pushing something inside the upper cabinet and had her back towards him. She was wearing a peach coloured loose tank top and black shorts, her hairs were tied in a bun. He couldn't help but stare at her bare legs for a few seconds before painfully averting his eyes. He cleared his throat to gather her attention.

Aarohi startled at the intrusion and was about to drop the packet of potato chips that she was pushing in but managed to balance herself.

"What the- " She spun around but her words died as her breath hitched. Her eyes widened when she saw him in front of her in all his royal glory, shirtless with wet messy hairs falling on his forehead. He was there, only in trousers and a towel that suspended from his neck. She was so busy staring wide eyed at his toned chest that she didn't see that he too was eyeing her the same way. Realizing that she's practically frozen and checking him out, she snapped her eyes shut and turned around.

He blinked and then frowned in confusion at her reaction.

Aarohi rebuked herself at that reaction. Why did she turn away? It wasn't like she was seeing someone shirtless for the first time. And why the heck was she all of a sudden feeling nervous and....hot?

Was she affected by him? Vihaan felt amused thinking about it. He looked down at himself and smirked. Atleast there's something that affects her and makes her nervous or else she's always at his throat with her stubborn and irritating attitude, he thought. He couldn't obsess much about himself since she turned around facing him with a straight face and usual confidence taking him by surprise.

He was having a hard time to look into her eyes and nowhere else. "What are you doing?" He asked breaking the tension.

"Storing some snacks." She said casually.

"And why is that so?" He strode towards the fridge, opening it to grab a bottle of water.

"B- "

"What the actual fuck?" He seethes cutting her off. "What is all this Aarohi?" He asked incredulously looking inside the fridge.

"Oh that," she walked and stood near him. "Ice creams, chocolates and some frozen snacks. I also brought some packets of chips and crackers. They are there." She pointed towards the cabinets. He was shocked to say the least. "And dude!" She continued looking at him. "You don't have tea bags at your house! Like seriously?!" She scoffed in disbelief.

His eyes widened at the information. "Why are you doing this?" He enquired, his voice almost pained due to the changes. He wanted nothing more than to pick and throw everything that she had brought. "I don't eat all these. And why will I keep tea bags when I don't even drink tea?" He grumbled.